Chapter 10 - Heading Back, Oh Yay

I ended up not only changing my name, but my also my hair and eyes (which are now blue thanks to contacts) and finally my scent. But we didn’t really have to shift around my appearance that much. My personality had changed almost completely. Alexis was already dead. Ace just hadn’t fully developed.

Changing my scent was difficult. There’s only one way we can actually switch our and that is during pregnancy. But that idea was impossible and pretty stupid at that. We resorted to black-market pills which worked fairly decently.

When the change was done I was a completely new person and I adored it. My hair was cut short and dyed a different colour every month. This month was blue. I still had the unusual light skin colour but there wasn’t much we could do about that. I had grown 2 inches and now towered over most normal heighted girls.

 Because of my bloodthirsty hunger and need for revenge I was driven towards fighting with gusto and soon excelled past my many numbered instructors. It tightened up my body giving it a strong yet discreet figure.

I didn’t smile much, which I knew bothered a lot of people. I either cracked smirks or scowls. Unless it was around kids or my small non-blood family. They were the only ones I dared relax enough to smile around.

My coldness and no-mercy rule in battle led me to gain the title of the Cold-killer. Cliché, I know. And many feared the sound of my name. Most crapped their pants when they actually saw me. Mind my French.

I started to enjoy their fear of me. But there were packs out there that despised of my way of life. They not only feared me, but hated me too. And soon enough I started to like been hated to. There was of course my now natural coldness, distrust and illness of people surrounding me that helped with the cold-hearted ‘coping’ mechanism I had placed up. As Sarah had ever so finely put it.

Alpha clapped his hands loudly and snapped me out of my daze.

“It’s too dangerous for you to stay here Ace.” He looked regretful. It broke my heart to hear him say those words. But I knew they were true.  “I’m sorry but….i have this whole pack’s safety to think about.” Alpha looked like he was going to continue but I stepped in before he could.

“It’s all fine Alphies.” I cracked a very forced smile. “I get it, entirely. I’m far too dangerous and need to leave. At least, until I find out more about my “Father” and destroy the threat. Right?” I didn’t wait for an answer but laughed and began to rise from my seat.

“You don’t mind if Blace stays with you, do ya? He does like this place and I don’t like the thought of taking him away.” The alpha shook his head and opened his mouth. I slapped the seat in a jolly way to stop him from talking.

“I’ll head off now; don’t want to make any more trouble.” I began to back to the door when the Alpha yelled “ACE!” and I abruptly stopped. My back still facing him.

“I’m sorry Ace.” He told me apologetically. Not that it mattered. I didn’t have a heart to hurt. “I only know of one person who can give you more answers to your questions. The only person who has first-hand met with the Dark-Man.” I closed my eyes and slowly released a held-in breath. Already knowing his answer.

 I swiftly turned ,cockily smiled, and shot him a fake hand gun. “Got it Alphs.” I sighed dramatically. “But I am going to miss that bed.” And hurriedly left the room. Heading to pack up my possessions I ran into a very tiny boy playing with his toys. Blace. I swiftly picked up his small warm figure and cuddled the hell out of my baby no matter that the contact made me woozy.

“Mummy?” He whispered.

“Yeah baby?”

“Are you going again?” My stone heart constricted at his words. Any normal four year old would be throwing a tantrum, shrieking and crying and banging his fists on the floor. But not Blace. He wasn’t a kid. He had his childhood taken away from him and had grown up far too fast.

 I smelled his strawberry shampoo hair and held him tighter, slightly rocking both of us.

“Yeah, baby, yeah I am.” I could feel him nod and start to sniff. Oh no. I pulled away to stare at his adorable face. “But I don’t have to leave now.” His face brightened. “I have time for a couple of games first.” My baby smiled and giggled.

I loved to hear him giggle.

*Alpha Reybons POV* (Ace’s now Alpha)

 I watched her leave and groaned. I hated having to tell her that. I could see the hurt she had tried to conceal in her eyes. But she also understood how tough it was for me to ask her of something so huge.

 This pack contains over 100 members and I am responsible for each and every one of them. That’s not an easy burden to hold.  With the threats of rogues and hunters almost constant I just couldn’t add the so called “King” of the rogues to my pack’s list of fears.

I had already informed the very grateful Jade pack about her visit. But used the forced training programme as a cover. Speaking of which.

I looked at the watch. She should be heading out soon. My hand held back the curtain as I watched Ace hug a trying-to-be-brave Blace and slide gracefully onto the back of her motorbike. She gave one last wave, but froze as if sensing my eyes on hers looked up.

See ya Alpha….thanks for putting up with me. She linked before starting the throttle of her very loud motorbike engine and roared down the path. Her words tweaked in my heart. I had not only kicked her out of the pack, but am also sending her to face the ugly past she has and she still thanks me.

Even if she doesn’t like it. I know Ace still has a heart, and it worried me how she was going to survive facing everything. She has already put up with so much. She’s faced horrible and terrible things, and I’m not even talking about her kill number and blood thirst. But out of everything, this might be her hardest task yet.

Maybe I should send her some help