Chapter Nine: Armies Are Bad News

YESSSSS I DID IT. I PULLED IT OFF. I FINISHED CHAPTER NINE RIGHT. ON. SCHEDULE!!! :DDD

AND HOLY FLYING CHEESECAKES. ELEVEN WHOLE VOTES?! I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT UNTIL THE BOOK HAD BEEN DONE FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS. I FEEL SO LOVED OH MY JESUSES THANK YOU PEOPLES. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

I'm currently working on Chapter Ten, and when that's done (hopefully sometime today or tomorrow) I'll start Eleven and get ahead of things again :D

Until then, enjoy this chapter! I made it super long on accident (FIFTEEN PAGES WHAAAA Ö) but Wattpad will probably say it's only two or three. PSSSHH. Whatever Wattpad, if you wanna be that way, THEN BY ALL MEANS BE THAT WAY.

I know I said I don't like author's notes, and I really don't, so this is the end of this one.

IF YOU LIKED IT PLEASE VOTE/COMMENT/FAN (or follow me if you wanna call it that) OR WHATEVER ELSE I FORGOT YOU CAN DO ON THIS SITE CUZ I LIKE TO KNOW THAT PEOPLE ARE LIKING MY HARD WORK.

ENJOY PEOPLES :DD

I woke up with a start to find constraining-suffocating, even-arms around me. My back was pressed up against someone's chest and they were holdingme right. They smelled nice and they were warm, soft, and cozy. Naturally, I panicked right away.

I jabbed my elbow into their ribs and rolled out of the bed, landing on the ground and taking the blankets with me. My keeper grunted in pain and peered over the edge of the bed, and looked down at me.

I froze in the middle of scrambling away as Jacob's gaze locked onto mine.

"Eve?" he groaned, his voice raspy and even deeper from sleep. He rubbed his eyes and sat up, yawning and erasing the fuzzy appearance from his face. His beautiful face, I was able to realize now that his hair wasn't greasy and hanging in his face. It was sticking out at all angles, but it perfectly exposed his facial features.

He had deep brown eyes, copper skin, a strong jawline, and a nose that would've looked big on anybody else, but somehow it fit him. He had almost perfect eyebrows and a smooth forehead, no wrinkles anywhere.

Did we... Do something? Or more specifically, did we do it?

I was close to choking on my own spit at that thought, so speech wasn't exactly an option at the moment. My jaw was hanging open, while my mind scrambled to organize a timeline of memories telling me how I'd gotten here, in this situation.

I remembered yesterday-especially the dream-and how awkward it had been initially getting into bed with Jacob.

But then we'd brushed against each other, he'd kept me from falling, and everything had changed. We actually held hands. And it wasn't awkward at all, and at least not as uncomfortable as I would've thought it should be. I actually felt... Happy.

"What time is it?" he rasped after a while of silence. I shrugged, getting to my feet and putting the blankets back on the bed.

Jacob rolled out and helped me to make it, because I didn't want to come and destroy everything in one night; it made me feel bad. We worked quickly and before I knew it I was tucking in the last corner and Jacob was pulling on his shoes at the door, waiting patiently for me.

I suddenly really, really, really didn't want to go out there. Leaving this room meant leaving our happy little fantasy land-excluded from the rest of the terrifying world-and going back into harsh reality. Harsh, scary reality.

For a fleeting second, I remembered my dream of the demon Gabriel. Well, it was more of a nightmare, really. A nightmare that I was counting on just being a figment of my imagination, because if it was real, we were all screwed.