Chapter Seven: The Second Sibling

Just to make things clear.... Author's notes irritate the crap out of me. They interrupt the flow of a story and they're usually really really long (especially mine).

BUT THIS IS NECESSARY.

Why, you ask? Because I'm having slight troubles with chapter nine. Yes, I'm already writing chapter nine. I'm trying to stay at least one chapter ahead on this book, and every time I finish the one I'm working on I'll post the next one.

It's proving itself very nicely because I FEEL LIKE UTTER CRAP AND I DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING BUT THANK THE LORD I CAN STILL POST THIS (and chapter eight) BEFORE I START SKIPPING DAYS.

Yes, I'm aware I've already skipped one day (yesterday, I think?). But that was because I thought I would be able to finish nine in time.

I didn't. It's only four pages long (on Google Drive), and I aim for at least ten pages per chapter so it's not short and annoying.

Therefore, if I don't finish nine by Monday, then I'll have to skip a day or two.

~THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME NOW CARRY ON READING~

I stared in shock, unable to move, and then suddenly Dillon was ripping Jacob back by his tattered shirt collar, roaring in rage. Shawn stumbled backwards and I finally got my feet to work, running to her and catching her before she fell.

Somehow, Dillon was walking, and using both arms as he punched Jacob over and over again. Shawn and I watched in shock as Jacob didn't even bother to retaliate. He was just as taken by surprise as we were at Dillon's sudden rage.

I remembered Dillon's words to me before. "All I can do is hope for Jacob that I never get my hands on him," he'd said, his words full of venom and his eyes burning with hatred at the mention of Jacob.

I knew this wasn't going to be good. Dillon might kill him, or Jacob might kill Dillon, and who could stop them? Not me and Shawn; even in his weakened state, Dillon was still stronger than us, and I'd only managed to beat Jacob with a stroke of luck.

There was almost nothing we could do but try to persuade them to stop, and Shawn reached this conclusion at the same time I did, because she ran to them, waving her hands and screaming at them to stop.

"Dillon! Jacob! Stop it, we need you both alive!" I shouted as I grabbed Jacob's wrist. Dillon glared at me with enough force to kill a man, but I stood my ground and pulled Jacob away from him.

Shawn grabbed Dillon around the waist and clung to him, keeping him from going forwards. I looked up and saw that the sun was in the middle of the sky already, and my stomach grumbled. We were losing time, and we needed to eat, too.

"Jacob, would you like to come dethrone the ruler of Heaven with us?" I offered. Shawn, Dillon, and Jacob all turned and stared at me in surprise; they hadn't expected that. We needed to get going, now.

"Who are you?" Jacob asked after a few minutes of silence.

"I'm Eve Rivelatore, and I'm leading these two and who knows how many other people we'll pick up along the way to the palace at the center of this place," I explained quickly. He looked down at me and considered my offer for a second.

"I'll come," he agreed.

"And she actually held me down, almost as long as you!" Jacob said. I looked at Shawn in surprise. I hadn't thought she was capable of that, but maybe she was when she was younger.

"Don't forget about Maddie," Shawn commented with a smile. Jacob erupted into even more laughter and clapped a hand on my shoulder a few times.

"This girl," he said, pointing at Shawn. "This girl beat the shit out of some whore I was with for a while."