Own Little World

~Addy's p.o.v.~

Decompressing from the day's events, I can't help but keep the stupid grin on my face, solely  from Jake. I feel like such a girl, I've never been this excited to go out to dinner with a boy. It's weird.

I'm glad Jake apologized, it was a strange feeling not being around him these last couple of days. I didn't want to be upset with him, it's not my place to be. Yes I'm his imprint and whatnot, but that doesn't mean we're together..

I dunno, it's all so weird still.

"So you two fixed it then?" Emily says poking her head through my door with a big smile.

"Yeah. He apologized and offered to take me to dinner tomorrow night." I say with a smile that matches hers.

"Well that's going to be fun! I'm glad you guys figured it out."

"Me too Em."

With that, she bids me goodnight, and I'm able to fall asleep with a smile on my face.

~~~

Good morning beautiful.
Can you do me a favor and wear the one and only dress you own?
I'll be by about 4, and we can head to Port Angeles for dinner.
See you then!

Finding the note from Jake on my night stand this morning, reminds me that last night wasn't a dream, making me smile. I had to laugh at how well he knows me, knowing I don't own many dresses, thankfully the one I have is pretty cute.

And Port Angeles? I wonder if that's one of the bigger towns close by..? I can barely contain my excitement as I head downstairs for breakfast.

"Well, Sleeping Beauty awakens!" Jared jokes as I see half the boys around the table, eating our traditional muffins.

"Yup. I didn't have to get up at 4 for rounds." I say poking my tongue out at him, which makes the boys laugh until they realize I was talking about all of them.

"That reminds me, I'll just have to get you up tomorrow, since you're so willing to help!" Jared says brightly before I chuck a grape at his face.

"Fat chance! I don't wanna do your job for you." Sitting down the boys make a collective "ooh!" and Jared and I just laugh.

We lounge around the rest of the day, until it's time for me to get ready. I sneak upstairs, putting on my favorite blue skater dress, and put just a little bit of makeup on.

Going down the stairs, I begin to get nervous...not really knowing what to expect from the dinner tonight. Hoping it won't be awkward..

"Wow... Adelaide you look beautiful."

I hear from the last stair, looking up to see Jake already standing by the front door. He's dressed in jeans–not he's usual shorts, a black shirt–that slightly shows off his muscles, and a blue tie that's been haphazardly tied.

"You don't look so bad yourself." I say with a smile, stepping close to him and fixing his tie.

"You ready?" I nod with a smile before I tell Emily that we're headed out.

He walks over to the newly finished Rabbit, and opens my door for me. Wow, that's a first..

"My lady." He says as I get closer and it makes me giggle.

"Thank you, kind sir." This makes him laugh before lightly jogging to the other side of the car and getting in.

"So this Port Angeles?" I question, not really knowing where I'm going.

"Yeah, it's one of the bigger cities past Forks. It's pretty neat, it's got all these little shops, a cinema, and different kinds of food places. Speaking of, are you okay with Italian?" He asks slightly nervous, and my grin just widens.

"I love Italian food. I'm not a very picky eater anyways." He visibly relaxes, shooting me a smile as we continue down the highway.

Talking the entire car ride about the usual random things, we make it to a bustling city with like three times the population of La Push...

Jake wasn't kidding, a whole bunch of little shops lined the street leading to a fairly big cinema. Anywhere from book stores to little coffee shops, to dress stores, and too many food places for one town.

"Wow. This place is massive!" Jake just chuckles slightly at my surprise before pulling up in front of what looks to be an Italian cafe.

Jake being the gentleman he is, opens the door and we're hit by the wonderful smell of pasta and spices. Sitting down, we have the most wonderful dinner that I've had in a long time.

I tell him all about my life back in Australia, while he fills me in on his younger years too. He's the youngest with two older sisters, and he lost his mum at a young age, obviously something we can connect on.

After dinner we decide to walk around the shops, enjoying our time away from everything. Stepping outside I can't stop the involuntary shiver, stupid me not used to wearing jackets.. I forget it gets cold here..

"Are you cold?" Damn..he noticed.

"No, I'm just not used to–" Unfortunately for me, another shiver passes.

"Here." He says with a warm smile, throwing his leather jacket around my shoulders.

"Thank you." I smile sweetly, secretly enjoying the smell of him on the jacket. "I'm still trying to get used to the fact it gets cold here."

"You're welcome. And I mean it is a little cooler than the Australian outback." This makes the two of us laugh, I nod pulling the jacket closer to me.

"We can head back if you want?" I shake my head, not wanting the night to end. He wraps an arm around my shoulders bringing me close, and I sigh from his warmth.

"Good lord, you weren't kidding. You're freezing."

"Well it's better now. You're like a mobile space heater." This makes him laugh, the sound rumbles in his chest, warming me farther.

"Perks of being a wolf my dear."

The drive home was peaceful, well more like blissful. We didn't talk about much, didn't have to. I wore the jacket all the way home, and to my surprise delight, Jake boldly grabs my hand shortly after we leave.

"I had a wonderful time tonight Jake. Thank you." I smile at him as he parks in Sam's drive.

"Thank you Addy, for giving me a chance to make everything up to you." He walks me to the door and before I can lose my nerve...

"Always." And with that I reach up to kiss his cheek, then quickly scurrying into the house.

It seemed everyone was in the living room, giving me the perfect opportunity to sneak up to my room, absolutely giddy. Giggling like a little school girl..

I cannot believe I just did that...