The Stories Are True?

It's been a week or so, I'm not entirely sure, I've been spending a lot of time with Jake that it all just blurs together, but it's so much fun!

We've been working on his Rabbit this whole time and we've almost got it running! He showed me his motorcycle that he rebuilt from scratch and offered to take me on a ride, but that was a bit painful..

~Flashback~

"I kinda stopped working on the Rabbit, coz well, I rebuilt this baby from scratch!" He had a big grin across his face as he points to a beautiful black motorcycle.

You see my Dad and I used to love these things, do work on them, everything. But since the accident I can't handle being anywhere near them.

I cringe away as flashes of the red truck jar my memory. I can vaguely hear Jake call my name in alarm but I'm stuck rewatching as my Dad is thrown against the pavement, my leg pinned underneath the bike and my vision slowly blackening.

I come back to the real world barely recognizing Jake's worried face in front of mine as he gently grabs a hold of my shoulders.

"Adelaide. What's wrong?" I blink my eyes quickly, dropping them to the floor, not wanting him to see me cry.

"Hey." He pulls me into a hug, and I feel safe enough to let the tears slip. "You're okay. I'm sorry, was it something I said?"

I shake my head, wiping away the rogue tears, and take a deep breath before I explain everything to Jake. After I finish explaining why I'm in La Push, he envelops me into another warm, crushing hug.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you Addy. I had no idea, I–I shouldn't have offered you the ride."

"No Jake, it's alright. You didn't know, it's just still so new, ya know? I'm sorry for crying on you." I say with a small laugh that turned into a hiccup, and he tightens his arms around me.

"I understand Ads. I'll always be here for you, whether you need a shoulder to cry on or not. Don't ever be sorry." He pulls back and smiles down at me, making a small smile grace my features.

That was the day were I was able to start trusting Jake and even the other boys a bit more with my life before La Push, I was starting to open up more.

This morning I'm helping Emily make her famous muffins while the boys are "out for a run", or something. I don't know, those boys have this different agenda and are always out doing something. I haven't really bothered to ask, because honestly I don't mind the small time of quiet.

As I place the plate of muffins on the table and take one, we hear the little wolf call, the boys find funny to do when they arrive.

"Addy! How ya doing babe?" Jared asks as he sits down taking a muffin, and I roll my eyes but can't help to smile.

"Fine fine. And how many times do I have to tell you, I'm not your babe." I say with a smirk, and Embry chuckles.

"You might just have to keep reminding me. Babe." He says with a smirk and we all just laugh.

Jake then comes through the door, smiling brightly once he sees me at the table and I can't help the wide grin that crosses my face. But that suddenly falls once I see a plain, but beautiful girl following closely behind Jake.

I should've known he'd have a girlfriend...

Taking another muffin into my hand, I head up into my bedroom, not wanting to admit to myself that I was possibly developing feelings for this boy..