For the Rest of Our Lives

"Alright, so we have everything finished and ready for October and I have ideas for the altar decorations, but I want to keep them a secret and surprise you." Emily smiles secretly, and there's a little bit of excitement knowing she's going to have something wonderful planned.

"I have enough invites for the boys, Charlie, and Billy and your sisters." My eyes widen at the fact I might finally be able to meet Jake's sisters as Emily waits for his nod of confirmation which he finally gives her. "We can come back here and have dinner, I've already got Sue and some others to help me cook. The last thing we really need is your dress."

Emily finishes her run through of everything we've been doing for the last month, making sure Jake and I are happy with the plan and if there are any questions or changes we want to make. She's been so incredibly helpful and has literally taken care of everything for October, and now that it's all pretty much finished, I can feel my excitement build and I suddenly can't wait! I begin to think of ideas for a dress, but am not sure what kind of style I'd really want.

"I've got to head to my dad's and talk about my sisters coming back, you two have fun." Jake kisses my forehead and with that he heads out the door and Em suddenly gives me a big grin.

"Wanna go look for a dress?" Emily's excitement is contagious and I'm quickly nodding following her as she gets up from the table, and I run upstairs to grab my purse before meeting her in the dining room before we head to the car.

"I was thinking we could try and see what we could find some cute little boutiques in Port Angeles or something?"

I nod and we enjoy the drive up the coast to Port Angeles, talking about the future and how Emily cannot wait until her wedding in the spring after planning mine. It took them forever to finally nail down a date, especially because of all the drama with the Cullen's, but I am so happy for them to finally start their lives. She asks me to be her maid of honor and it reminded me that I haven't even thought about a bridal party and face palmed.

"What?" Emily laughs.

"I haven't even thought of and asked about a bridal party. Would you like being one of my bridesmaids?" I ask sheepishly, but she still smiles widely.

"Absolutely! I would love to be by your side during this day!"

I smile widely knowing I'll have to ask Leah when I get back to see what she will say. We finally pull into the shopping center of Port Angeles, and a small walk from the car sits a small, local bridal boutique and I know that's the place I wanna check first. Emily and I head to the store and just seeing the cute dresses and decorations in the window, my excitement grows.

The shop keep greets us as the bell jingles when we open the door, and we greet her explaining that I am looking for a dress, but I don't know what I want. She waves it off saying there are more than enough styles in her store that I would love, and so she lets Em and I grab the ones we like and she grabs a couple she thinks would look good for me too. Moving hangers around and looking at all the details of the different dresses, I realize lace is a detail I like seeing how gorgeous it is on some of these gowns. I try on a few different gowns picked by Emily, the clerk, and myself, but have yet to find one I really like. As I was looking for more to try on, there was one a bit flowy with lace details and some sheer sleeves that I found and just looking at it my heart started to race a little faster and I knew I had to try it on. The lady helps me zip it up and fasten the satin buttons up to my middle back, and catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror I feel my emotions begin to swirl.

 The lady helps me zip it up and fasten the satin buttons up to my middle back, and catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror I feel my emotions begin to swirl