Chapter Twenty-Three

~~~

It feels so good to laugh and be carefree as if there aren't a million obvious issues we are clearly both ignoring.

Part of me wants nothing more than to know the mystery that is Gavin but I'm not ready to give up these amazing moments just yet.

Maybe I could just start scratching the surface and slowly peel the layers instead of ripping it off like a bandaid.

I'm still bent over laughing when I hear his door close and lock. I look over and see him leaning against it with his arms crossed, wearing only his boxers.

"That was one of the best things I've ever seen," I say between laughs.

"I'm glad you enjoyed the view," he says amused . "But it's my turn now," he grins.

What?

"Huh?" I stop laughing and his grin gets bigger.

"I think we need to get you out of those wet clothes, Angel ," he says stepping away from the door and slowly walking towards me. My heart starts racing because the sudden sexual tension in the air is so thick you could choke on it.

"Oh really? You think I'm just going to strip for you?" I ask raising my eyebrows. He must be nuts if he thinks it's going to be that easy.

"I showed you mine now show me yours," he demands, his eyes scanning my body and then meeting mine again.

The look on his face makes me want to rip my clothes and jump on him like a maniac but I'm not making it that easy for him. He's gotten his way twice now because he caught me off guard. This time, I'm in charge.

He's slowly getting closer and closer and I notice myself walking backwards until I hit the wall. He has a tendency to corner me like some kind of fricken animal caging in his prey.

Hold. It. Together.

"Ok, let's make this interesting," I say, suddenly coming up with plan that will keep me in control AND hopefully figure out a little more about him.

"I'm going to ask you some questions. For every one you answer honestly, I'll take a piece of clothing off,"

I might as well take advantage of the situation. I can see in his eyes how much he wants my clothes off so let's see how far he's willing to take it.

He thinks it over for a second and I see the hesitation run across his face but then the hunger comes back and determination fill his eyes again.

"Deal," He nods with a grin, standing a few feet away from me now.

I have to think about these questions wisely because I only have so many pieces of clothing on but I can't go too personal too quickly.

"Why did you come to my house that first night?" I ask, gripping the hem of my shirt, ready to pull it up. His eyes follow the movement of my hands before landing on my face.

"I couldn't sleep,"

I keep my hands still because I know in my gut that's there more to it and I want him to tell me. He notices that I'm not buying that excuse and exhales a long breath.

"I couldn't sleep...." his jaw is clenched and I see his hands making fists at his sides,".....because I couldn't stop thinking about you,"

My heart starts racing and my stomach flips hearing his answer making me very happy I chose that question.

I slide my shirt up and over my head and toss it on the floor revealing a black, lace bra. He takes another step towards me and we keep our eyes locked on eachother the entire time, both of us clearly craving to touch one another.

"How long have you been in therapy?" I ask, and this time my hands grip the buttons of my jeans.

He hesitates for a few seconds, seeming to chew over whether he wants to answer or not.

"Three months,"

For some reason, I had the impression he was in therapy for a lot longer than that.

That's exactly how long I've been in therapy.

I unbotton my pants and start to slide them down revealing the matching black lace panties I had secretly hoped he would be seeing tonight.

Again, he takes another step forward and I'm left standing there in only a bra and underwear . Two more questions before he gets what his eyes are begging for, which will hopefully be followed by what my body is screaming for.

"Did you know anything about me or my family before you met me?" I ask, reaching my hands to my back, grasping the clasps of my bra.

He watches me with dark eyes for a few seconds before silently nodding his head.

My gut was right in feeling like Gavin had some previous knowledge before he met me but now the question is how much did he know. But that's not going to be my last question.

My hands push together, unhooking the clasps and he watches as I slowly slide the straps off my shoulders and down my arms before letting the lace fall to the floor.

"You're so fucking beautiful," he whispers, taking another step foward.
There's only a foot between us now and I feel the heat radiating off of his body. He keeps his hands to his sides but continues to explore every inch of me with his intense stare.

My breathing starts increasing, my heart racing as I hook my fingers in my panties and prepare to get my last answer. He looks ready to attack as soon as he gives it and I'm definitely not going to stop him.

"Tell me something that would make me drop these panties, Gavin," I say quietly, giving him the chance to be honest about something of his choice.

He moves foward for the last time, his body now pressing me against the wall. He grabs my hands, forcing me to release the hold on the lace and replaces them with his own.

My hands wrap around his forearms and he pauses there, letting me feel the warm skin of his chest and stomach against mine.

I feel him breathing near my ear, the anticipation of what he's going to say combined with how much I want him is literally making me shake.

He answers so quietly against my neck that I can barely hear him and it doesn't help that my heart is racing a hundred miles a minute as I take his words in.

"I knew you were my reason for living the first time I laid eyes on you,"

~~~

A/N:

I wonder if that made her panties drop 🤔

~~~