Chapter Seven

A/N: ^ Gavin's song ^
       (referenced later in the chapter)

I suggest giving it a listen after the chapter...or during..whatever floats your boat.

~~~

"I don't understand why you would always want people wondering if you were telling the truth or not..." I lay my head next to his, staring up at the ceiling.

I'm genuinely curious as to why he is the way he is. I haven't spent much time with him, obviously, but I seem to get a different personality every 60 seconds.  I just want a little insight as to which one is the real him.

He turns towards me, his head propped up on his hand.

"Let's see, how can I explain this," he looks deep in thought for a minute before continuing.

"You know when you find a new book? You take in the look of the cover, you read the summary on the back and it gets you all excited. Your mind starts running away with all the different ways it could possibly turn out. It's new and untouched," his words are sincere and I find myself holding my breath again.

He stops talking for a few seconds but I don't say anything.  I don't want to risk him stopping this analogy because I know the end product will be insightful.  He's giving me a glimpse inside his head without realizing.

Or does he realize?

"You see, once you open that book, you can't undo it. Once you read that first chapter, those words can't be taken back. And when it's finished, you put it on a shelf and forget about it. You might glance at it from time to time but you know what's inside now. There's no mystery to it. No reason to look at it anymore,"  he turns back over, looking up at the ceiling.

"I prefer people to just judge me by my cover," he finishes quietly and I'm left gawking at the side of his face.

It amazes me that something that deep came from someone dry humping me just a minute before. In a way, it proves my point. That Gavin is an act. What I'm seeing right now is really him.

"But wouldn't it be sad if no one ever read the books? I mean sure, when you finish it, you can't undo it, but it's better than never reading it in the first place,"

"So, you're telling me that you're a nice open book, Angel?" He turns and quirks and eyebrow at me.

"Well, I wouldn't say I'm an open book but I don't completely shut myself out. I just have a few private chapters,  that's all," I smirk back at his accusing look.

"Well, what's the point of reading a book with missing chapters," he throws back at me.

Well shit...

I think over those words as we lay there in comfortable silence, staring at the plastic, glow in the dark stars on my ceiling that I stuck there when I was thirteen.

I think I'm a great book. Even if I'm hiding a few details, no one would ever know the difference.  I could write the Biography of Angelina Porter today, leave out all the crap I don't want anyone to know, and it would still be fine.

My Dad died and my mother and I went on to deal with our feelings in a healthy manner.

And I didn't try to commit suicide.

The end.

"Does anyone know your private chapters?" He asks, interrupting the writing of the book in my head.

"Nope...has anyone ever read any of your book?" I turn my head towards him and he meets my eyes.

"Nope,"