Chapter Seventeen

A/N:

I feel this chapter needed a little change in pace as far as music. This song isn't referenced at all but I feel it captures the....essence of excitement lol ..it's also been stuck in my head 🙃

Enjoy 😙

~~~

"Wow....just wow," I clap after he managed to serenade me with the entire Aladdin song.

"Thank you, thank you very much," he pretends to bow as he continues driving. "I babysat for my little cousin almost everyday when I was younger and she forced me to watch that movie over and over. I'm actually quite mentally scarred from it," he explains in a dramatic tone.

"Ohhhhhh so a Disney movie is what put you in therapy? Mystery solved," I laugh.

"Yup, you figured out my deep dark secret. Try hard not to judge me," he smiles and I stare at his dimples while he watches the road.

I will seriously lick them one day...

"Oh shit..." he says suddenly,  looking in the rear view mirror.

"What?" I ask nervously, noticing is drastic change in mood.

He starts driving faster, his eyes switching quickly from the mirror back to the road.

"Gavin...." I look behind us and then back at him.

He ignores me for a few seconds, chewing his bottom lip as his eyes switch to all mirrors of the car like he's debating something.

"You ever been in a high speed chase, Angel?" He asks, never tearing his eyes from the road and I swear I see a slight smirk on his face.

"That's not funny," I hiss as I feel the car moving even faster.

He better be joking.

"There's definitely an undercover following us. I can spot them a mile away but don't worry..." he grins wider.

"...I can lose them" he says calmly before whipping left suddenly, making the tires screech.  My body slides right in my seat and I let out a scream as I slam into the door.

I knew I was going to jail tonight...

He drives even faster now, watching behind him before taking a hard right that makes me almost fly into his lap but I stop myself with my hands on his thigh.

"Now's not the time to get touchy with me, Pumpkin," he laughs.

He's actually fucking laughing.

"Gavin, this isn't funny anymore!" He brakes quickly to take another turn before hitting the accelerator again. I look behind us and notice a car pulling out from the street we were just on.

Who cares about jail, I'm going to die.

I grip the "Oh shit" handle above me and stare at the calm guy next to me. The one that looks like he's enjoying a lovely game of Grand Theft Auto, smiling like a psychopath.

"You gotta learn to live a little, Babe!" He yells rolling down his window.

"That's just it! I WANT TO LIVE, GAVIN!" I scream as he pushes the car to at least 90 mph. My heart is pounding out of my chest and I start hyperventilating.