Ch 7: Surprise

I walked outside knowing Sasori took her out to the pond. I found them sitting under the willow tree, Sasori holding Cheshire to him tightly as she cried silently into his chest. He just kept stroking her head and making quiet shushing sounds.

     "Cheshire..." I whispered as I knelt down and put my hand on her shoulder.

     She looked at me in pure sadness making my heart feel as though it shattered.

     "I m-miss him so...so much..." she stuttered out with a few hiccups.

     I frowned and motioned for her to get up. Sasori stood and picked her up bridal style seeing she had no strength to lift herself. I led the way into the house and glared at Hidan as I passed him. He just smirked until Sasori came in behind me with Cheshire crying in his arms. Hidan's eyes widened and he seemed to be in shock. I opened the next door for him as I looked to Hidan, his eyes on me now.

     "This is why you don't speak of him," I whispered and followed Sasori into the living room. He turned to me and I motioned up the stairs. "Take her to her room and don't leave her alone. She needs someone right now."

     Sasori nodded and did as he was told. I sighed and looked back to see Hidan in the doorway. I glared at him making him flinch and walked up the stairs to my own room. Obito was there but I didn't acknowledge him as I laid down on my stomach and put my head on my arms. I had nothing to talk about to him at the moment. 

     I knew Hidan was a loudmouth, but I hoped something like this wouldn't have happened. It was then I realized I knew nothing about my friend's past, just like my own. I just remember waking up in the woods outside of town with Kura and Cheshire, terrified. I was just fifteen at the time, Cheshire being seventeen, and Kura being eighteen. I was twenty-six now, my birthday being mere weeks away now.

     "Are you okay?"

     I looked up from my brooding to find Obito sitting next to me, his hand reaching out and ready to consol me. I glared at his hand and sighed as I sat up.

     "I thought you didn't like me?" I asked him annoyed. He never made an effort before to consol me, what makes today any different?

     Obito looked at me startled and his eyebrows furrowed together.

     "I thought you'd want someone to consol you?" he questioned.

     "Not you," I said back matter-of-factly.

     Obito groaned in frustration and threw his hands up. "I don't know how to deal with you!"

     I laughed at that. No one knew how to deal with me. It was then my head started to hurt. I could hear someone talking, though I didn't know who. They sounded familiar, but I couldn't place a face. Before I knew it the voice was gone, but I was winded, as if someone hit me in the chest.

     "Who was that?" I asked.

     Obito was by my side again, this he was holding me up and I realized I had collapsed. "What just happened?" he asked with wide eyes. "And why are you crying?"

     I put my hand to my face and realized I was, in fact, crying. There were so many tears and every time I wiped some away, more replaced them. "I don't know."

     I woke up to a new day with my head pounding. I couldn't remember what happened the day before or how long I had been sleeping for. I could hear talking though, outside my door. Without delay I got up, but wobbled as I stood. It was as if I hadn't stood on my feet for a long time.

     I wasn't about to let that stop me though. I used the wall as a crutch and made my way to the door. Even with me being at the door, I couldn't hear what was being said. Eventually I tired of trying to figure it out after hearing something akin to 'hospital' and opened the door to find not just Cheshire and Kura but also Konan, Nagato, and Obito with his mask. They all seemed very surprised to find me awake.

     "Nekosaki!" Cheshire and Kura exclaimed.

     "You're awake!" Kura said with tears flowing down her face.

     I was so confused, even more confused when Obito of all people wrapped his arms around me tightly.

     "What's going on?" I asked as I put a hand on his back.

     Obito stiffened and pulled back from me, to look me in the eyes. "You were asleep for three days."

Gonna be honest, I hate this chapter but no matter how many times I redid it, I hated it even more than this version so I kept it. I know it's short but not only have I deprived you all of an update, I have deprived myself of writing for too long. I will hopefully get these chapters out faster since I have this short chapter done and over with. I hope you all like the book so far.

♪Koneko♥