Chapter 11: Grand Opening

"......I hope you're having a great camp days ahead." Principal Veronica ended her speech with a warm smile and went down the stage politely. Taking back her seat on the VIPs row, roars of applause filled the air. We somehow loved Principal Veronica or as usual we call her as PV. She's awesome I have to admit, regarding the boring speeches she gave sometimes but she always put on her famous jokes in between them. 

The night of the grand opening was amazing. Lights here and there, the stage was twinkling like the stars up above our heads. The full moon put on the perfect finishing touches to a wonderful night.

The grand opening proceeded to the students' performances and all in all, they were amazing. All of us watched in awe, your jaw were wide open the whole time. The choir brings us chills and the play was somewhat awesome although some parts were rather boring.

Glancing at the corner of my eye and I saw the Queens, whispering and giggling, not caring the world around them. I can already hear them gossipping about Mrs Wendy colourful attire tonight. Ugh, but I guess you guys will get plenty of that soon. I grinned evilly at the thought of that. This plan is my only hope and it needs to be a success.

"Jasmine! Jaz!" Chad shook me on my shoulders forcing me to wake up to reality.

"Geez, you daydream a lot. And it's not even day." he complained.

I chuckled. "No I don't!" I grumbled out putting both of my hands on my chest in showing protest, pouting away from him like a kid.

"Oh look at you cute little kid, pouting like a cat away from my face." he said playfully mimicking a tv show kids' voice. Unawarily, he started tickling me everywhere like I'm a little baby. I can't help but laugh all the way. I can't stand tickles, that's one thing you should know about me. I'm sensitive to wriggling fingers on my body. I laugh, hard but thank God, no one heard it.

"Stop it you fool!" I said, laughter between words, still ticklish of his fingers. He is so going down.

He stopped and chuckled making his dimples on show. I never realized those cute dimples of his. Am I saying Chad's dimple is cute? No freaking way. I'm not those girls whose into smart and cute boys. Especially Chad.

I stood up and brushed away my hair and got my clothes into proper again.

"I hope you're happy." I sighed, still mad at him. HE IS SO GOING DOWN.

"Well, gratefully I am." he laughed, his cute dimples shown but now they're much more clear in the eye.

His green eyes then shot at something behind me and he started grinning like an idiot. I spun around to see PV walking towards her car.

Wait, the grand opening has ended? WOW I didn't realize with all tickling party back there.

"Show time!" Chad exclaimed brushing away his dirty blonde locks that covered his eyes and he was getting ready for the act,

"How do I look?" he asked, his eyebrows up to his forehead putting on the most charming smile I've ever seen.

I started to sweat, the nerves was tense.

"You look so...."

Looking for the perfect word, oh my god help me with this. I swear I could've said charming but...

"....funny." came out of nowhere. I wish to slap myself. Hard. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? I could've said confident, at least. 

"Uh, thanks?" he said, his eyebrows which were above a moment ago, met in fury. He turned away from me and head to PV.

"Good luck!" I shouted and waved, covering my embarassment.

His spun to face me back and his lips curved up into a smile. That's good news, i thought.