Who Are You?

ENRIQUE
I'm 10 years old, and it's the 5 year anniversary of my adoptive fathers death. It's also the 10 year anniversary of when he got stuck in this place. The good thing is... I think I can finally get out of here.

I'll finally be able to meet my actual parents. My dads old friends, too! My sister!

I take a deep breath and place the amulet on the bridge. I'm overwhelmed with joy when a portal opens, but then overcome with sadness knowing my father couldn't of gone with me. I stand  in front of the portal, close my eyes, and walk in.

CLAIRE
Me, Toby, and Blinky were walking through trollmarket when Aaarrrggghhh ran up to us.

"Portal, opening!" Was all he could say in between breaths. My heart skipped a beat.

"The portal is opening?" I asked. Aaarrrggghhh nodded in response. We all shared a look before running towards the chamber where the Bridge is placed.

When we walked in, I saw the familiar blue swirl in the middle of the floor. Suddenly, a figure came through the portal, and it closed. But it wasn't Jim.

At first I didn't recognize the boy, but then I saw his eyes. This boy was my brother, my real brother. Tears gathered in my eyes as I looked at him. He looked at us for a few seconds before smiling.

"I made it!" He yelled smiling. Toby looked confused.

"Who are you?" He asked curiously. The boy gave us a smug grin before answering.

"Names Enrique. You?" He answered back. I gasped at the confirmation. My brother was home! But, where was Jim?

"Your Enrique?" Toby asked. At his nod he kept going, "Dude! We've been looking for you for ten years! Let me introduce everyone. I'm Toby. This is Aaarrrggghhh. That's blinky, and that's Claire!" Enrique looked amazed.

"Wow. I never thought I would get the chance to meet you all! I've heard so much!" He exclaimed. I suddenly found my voice again.

"Where's Jim?" I asked. He saddened.

"I'm sorry, but I can't answer that big sis." He said.

"Is master Jim alright?" Blinky asked.

"I guess you could say... yeah. Has been for 5 years." He said softly, looking at the floor, a tear rolling down his face. Although I was still confused, I walked up to him.

"Are you ok, Enrique?" I asked. He wiped his cheeks before smiling warmly at me.

"I'm fine big sis, and please, call me Ricky."

"Why Ricky?" Toby asked.

"When I could first say my name I could only say Ricky so, my dad gave me the nickname." As he finished I looked at him confused.

"Your dad?" I asked.

"Oh! He's not my biological dad, more like an adoptive one. Jim, was like a father to me." He responded.

"Jim raised you?" I asked. Maybe Jim was still in the Darklands?

"Yeah, for 3 whole years." He told us proudly.

"But, that would would mean you knew him since you were 7." Toby commented. Ricky smiled sadly at us.

"I wish! He raised me since I was 2!" He exclaimed. I suddenly realized something.

"Ricky?" When he looks at me, I continue, "Why do you keep using past-tense?" His smile drops and his mouth hangs open, clearly not expecting the question. He sighs and looks at his feet. When he looks up he gives the answer I was dreading.

"I'm sorry, " at the apology we all start tearing up, "Jim..."

"Enrique. Is he gone?" I asked. I hoped this wasn't the case, but it was pretty evident. Ricky looked down, not answering. I gasp, and tears slide faster down my face. The others are crying too. Toby walks up slowly.

"If you don't mind me asking, how?" He asked warily. We all looked at Ricky expectantly, with teary eyes.

"I was 5, one day I wanted to go to the bridge. We would go every few days to try to open the portal, but the amulet never had enough power. He reminded me of our rules before we left. 'Don't be sad if it doesn't work, stay close, and if we're attacked grab the blue half and run.' I wasn't prepared to actually have use one of those rules." He was about continue, but I interrupted him.

"Blue half? Of what?" I asked curiously.

"Oh, right. I forgot, you guys aren't up to speed. Dad--sorry, Jim unlocked a few new abilities in the amulet and with his new armor, it allowed someone to use the other half. Almost like, a second trollhunter." When he finished I motioned for him to continue the story.

"Well, we got there and he gave me the blue have to unlock the portal. I climbed to the top and just as I was about to place it in its slot, we were attacked by a gumm-gumm. I wanted to help. I knew how to fight, I could've helped! But, Jim told me to run. I always listen to him, so I ran. I looked back and saw him struck down. I vowed I would make it back to this world. Look at me now. Dad would've been so proud." He started crying really hard, and I hugged him. He looked up at me before burying his face in my shoulder.

"I can't believe I'm actually hugging my sister. I thought I'd never get to do this." He said calming down slightly.

"Hey. I'm here now, and I won't ever leave you." I replied.