Epilogue

"You know Seth, you can come visit anytime. We miss seeing your ugly face everyday." Paul pulls him into a chokehold and gives him a noogie. So nothing's changed too much. The pack came to visit after a couple of months.

"And have to deal with your BO? I don't think so." Seth elbows him in the stomach and twists out of his hold. The boys roar with laughter chiming in with several other insults thrown at Paul. Paul joins in soon after because, hey, they got him.

Emily and Kai roll their eyes from where they are standing talking about some fashion show that is coming up. Everyone from the pack came, even Jared, who brought a little potted cactus as an apology for being a dick freaking out last time.

Kai had to explain to Sam why Seth looked like he was going to kill him when he hugged Kai hello. Then she had to explain again to the entire pack why Seth was an alpha now. Then what an alpha was like. Then why their pack was different from other wolves. Then she had to explain what a familiar is. Then she had to go back and explain how Seth fit into all of it. Needless to say, Leah was not impressed with the fact that Seth didn't tell her but eventually she came around once she saw how much her brother is in love.

Everyone is happy for them in the end, joking about how grown up Seth is now. And how he beat everyone getting into a long term committed relationship, well except Sam and Emily.

As everyone is shuffling out and saying goodbye, Paul pulls Kai into a hug. He scowls in confusion before leaning down and audibly sniffing the air around Kai. "What the hell you doing man?" Jared smacks the back of Paul's head.

"She smells weird." Paul says defensively. Sam sighs deeply, shaking his head wondering what he did to deserve these idiots.

"Dude you can't just say that outloud." Jared almost yells, because really? He thought Paul is smarter than this.

"No she smells different than last time. Like she still smells like her but now she smells like... oh...:" Paul becomes increasingly more red as the seconds pass after his realization.

Seth and Kai look at each other from across the room and immediately begin to laugh. They haven't told anyone that they aren't only bonded through the familiar bond but they are also bonded from the mating bond.

Paul is torn between disgusted and wanting to congratulate Seth, his face showing all of it. Jared pushes him out the door and down the stairs.

"I love you," Seth tells Kai later that night when they are in bed.

"I know," Kai whispers back. "And I love you too." She snuggles closer into Seth's chest.

"I know," Seth presses a kiss on Kai's forehead, holding her close. He still can't believe how lucky he got. Of all the bad luck he thought he ran into that day in the woods when he got caught in the bear trap, it turns out it was a small moment of luck that he misstepped because it brought him to Kai.