Four

"Seth! Where have you been kid?" Paul grabs Seth in a chokehold giving him a noogie as soon as Seth walked through Sam and Emily's back door. He leaves his arm around Seth's shoulders as everyone comes running into the room.

"You had us so worried!" Emily scolds him before pulling him into a hug. Seth was hoping there would be muffins, but spots the batter on the counter.

"Are you injured? We found blood in the woods." Leah bursts through the back door a few moments later. She squishes his face in between her hands, checking him for any sign of injuries. Finding none, she pulls him into a hug.

"I'm fine guys. Someone found me and helped me out." Seth shrugs, he doesn't know why everyone's freaking out. We thought you were dead bud, Jake said through their mind link.

"Seth you were in wolf form for patrols. A human really decided to help out a wolf, then was okay when you shifted back to a human?" Sam frowns, it doesn't make sense. He knows that Seth knows the rules, keep the legend a secret from people outside the pack.

"Well she kind of already knew about us? She's a witch." Seth knows he probably could have explained it better, and he wanted to at least try and keep Kai's secret safe but the pack would have found out eventually.

"A witch? What kind of drugs did she have you on?" Leah demanded, she'd kill her. No one hurts her baby brother, except her. She would still throttle the fairy if she had the chance.

"I wasn't on any drugs. At first I thought I was going crazy but then she explained everything." Seth doesn't think drugs would even work on him.

"And she just let you go?" Embry is skeptical. Does Seth owe her something now? Like his first born child or something like that?

"Yeah. Asked if I needed anything for my journey home." Seth laughs softly, he doesn't think Kai realizes how close she is to the rez. Technically the clearing is on the vampire's territory but the wolves don't patrol in that area.

"Wait, journey? Where were you?" Jake sits up straight in his chair, remembering the scent cut off in the woods.

"In a clearing, maybe 5 or 6 miles from here. She was pretty nice." Seth smiles faintly at the ground. Sam narrows his eyes at Seth, but decides not to interrogate him in front of everyone.

"What the hell happened Seth?" Just from hearing what Seth has said so far, Jake knows they have more trouble ahead. A witch is living somewhere around here, and Seth is friends with her? He thought the fairy was bad enough, but now witches are real?

"Um... where am I and why am I sitting on a table naked?" Seth asks the sitting figure on the ground. He can hear her heartbeat, it's slow. The girl's heartbeat spikes as he starts talking, she spins around quickly looking like he's about to have a heart attack. "I didn't mean to scare you, sorry, but I'd like to know how I..."

Seth stops talking abruptly, his surprise distracting him from his words. The girl is young, around his age. "Um... I found you in the woods caught in a bear trap so I sort of brought you back here so you wouldn't die?"

The memory shifts, the wolves are all listening into Seth's mind.

"Lobito we need to do something about those clothes because I can not have you walking around my home like that, my mother raised me better than that." Kai gets up and moves to go through the doorway but Seth doesn't move. He's taken enough rez classes to know that she's calling him a wolf.

"How did you know." He looks down at her, she barely comes up to his shoulders. He's in no condition to be seriously fighting and his pack is nowhere to be found in his head.

"No worries, Seth. You are among friends. I'm a witch."

The memory shifts again to Kai showing her his magic with the fire. It shifts again to this morning before he left.

"It looks like you're completely healed, congrats bud." Kai looks up from Seth's leg and smiles at him. Seth's happy, but he doesn't know what to do now.

"Thank you so much." Seth pulls Kai into a hug, he doesn't know where he'd be without her. He could have bled out in the woods if she didn't find him. "I should get back to the pack, they're probably worried." Seth knows he has to go back, but he'll miss Kai. A lot.

"Good luck Seth. Stay out of bear traps." Kai smiles at him. She stays at the door while he runs across the clearing. Seth turns one last time before he enters the woods, Kai waves at him and slips back into her bungalow. Seth turns again and makes his way through the woods back home.