Chapter 4- Lovino

Chapter 4- Lovino's POV

Could I really do this? I fiddled with my phone, flipping it over and over in the palm of my hand. Oh God I was so nervous I thought I would explode. The little green telephone button on the screen seemed to be taunting me so I smacked it in the face with my thumb and Antonio's contact flashed on screen.

My heart thumped hard as I heard a quiet "Lovino!"
I timidly placed the phone to my ear and wispered "Hi."
"Lovi? Are you okay? You sound scared."
"No, I'm fine, I- wait... who said you could call me Lovi?"
I heard Antonio's jolly laugh on the other end of the phone. Damn that laugh!
"Oh, forget it." I muttered, shaking my head.
"So," said Antonio "is this you ringing me to tell me you're free to go out? Or are you just ringing me so you can tell me I'm an asshole again?"
I could almost hear his smile spreading to his cheeks.
"I'm free, you bastard." I said, trying not to laugh.
"Okay, what's your adress? I'll pick you up."
"What, now? Like right now?"
"Sí."
"Uh, okay?"

So I told him my address and hung up the phone. Oh God, I had no idea how far away he lived. He could be here in five minutes for all I knew! Crap!

I shot upstairs like a bullet and threw open my wardrobe doors. What the fuck would I wear? Shirt and tie? Too formal. Trousers or jeans? Jeans. I didn't want to be too formal. White shirt and tight blue jeans. Perfect. Perfect? Really? Oh fuck it, it didn't matter.

When the doorbell rang almost half an hour later, I was already sat with my shoes on, ready to go. I ran to the door and then took a few seconds to calm myself down so I didn't seem too eager. Okay, 3, 2, 1, GO! I opened the front door to see Antonio standing on my doorstep. He wore a white shirt and black trousers and held out a bunch of roses. I shook my head in disbelief. He looked amazing. How the fuck did someone like him like someone like me?

I gladly took the roses and felt my face burning as I quickly put them in water and followed Antonio to his car. As we walked across the driveway, he pointed at my car and giggled.
"Is that your car?"
"Yes." I said, the fluttering in my stomach quickly replaced with stubborn irritation. "Is that funny?"
"No, it's just that I saw that in the staff car park at the restaurant." He laughed again. "Of course it would be yours."
What the hell was that supposed to mean?

He opened the passenger door of his car for me and I climbed in. He walked around the car and got in the driver side and drove us down some lanes and roads that seemed oddly familiar.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"A restaurant. I've only been once but it's really great. They have bingo on tonight too. I think you'll like it."
"Please just tell me. I hate surprises."
Antonio tapped the side of his nose and winked. I don't know why people say that you feel romance with your heart. 'My heart fluttered', 'my heart leapt when he called my name'. Very poetic but not realistic at all. Everything I felt for Antonio happened in my stomach. It twisted and turned when I was arround him. My stomach leapt when he said my name. Not as poetic but much more truthful. God, I needed to stop all this romance shit. I'd only met the bastard twice!

We chatted for a while in the car but it was only when converstation stopped and I was left in silence with my own thoughts that I realised what a bad idea this was. I had just got into a man's car- a man who I met only about a week ago and knew nothing about- and he was driving me to somewhere, but wouldn't tell me where we were going. He could have be a fucking axe murderer. I could've been dead in about 20 minutes. Nevertheless, I felt like I trusted Antonio. I had no idea why but I just felt like... God, I didn't know what I felt like. I had no flipping clue. I knew I should probably have been worried but I just sort of wasn't. I seemed to trust him without reason to. I don't usually trust people even if I should but Antonio was different.

I banished these thoughts from my head as they started to bother and confuse me so instead I turned my attention to where we were going. I felt like I had been down all these roads before. Everything was just so familiar...
We turned a corner and I recognised the restaurant immediately.

"You have got to be kidding me."

--------------------------------
Wow, that was a short chapter. Sorry!

~Anna