Chapter Twenty-One

hello everyone! :)

I FINALLY UPDATED IM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT  >< im really happy with all the feedback and reads this fanfic is getting homg tq so much ♡ on another note, you might like what's going to happen here hehe ;) enjoy!

----------------------------------

Third Person POV

"You Leaf Genin really are a pain," Zaku smirked. Sakura glanced nervously at Ino's team, and Ino's unconscious body. They had tried to protect her, but it wasn't exactly going as planned. "It's time to finish you losers off!" He declared as he raised his hands towards the frozen ninja. Sakura shut her eyes tightly, clamping her hands over her ears in a vain attempt to block out the sound waves, but after a few seconds to her surprise, nothing happened.

Instead, Zaku stood frozen, his jaw slack and his eyes wide open. The raw emotion in his eyes made Sakura flinch - they were so full of undisguised anguish and terror that she looked away. He suddenly let out a scream, collapsing to his knees as his arms dropped to his sides, bent at awkward angles. Everyone stared in shock, and Shikamaru narrowed his eyes. "There's someone else here..." he muttered, but winced when Zaku screamed again, this time blood dripling from his mouth as he coughed violently.

Zaku started shaking, his body jolting as if he was attacked from different angles, before his eyes rolled into the back of his head and he fell backward, unconscious. Dosu ran forward to his teammate, seeming to snap out of his shocked state. "Zaku! Come on, wake up!" He tried shaking his teammate awake, but paused when an unfamiliar voice spoke.

"I wasn't even done yet." Dosu whirled around to find a girl with long, dark red hair suddenly standing behind him, and he couldn't help but be drawn to her eyes, which were an incredible hue of blue, swirling with streaks of silver. "What happened to 'finishing these losers off'?" She asked innocently, but the dangerous glint in her eyes said otherwise, and Dosu took a step back instinctively, regretting it immediately.

He distinctly heard startled gasps and shouting when the girl suddenly loomed in his face, and he flew to the right, crashing painfully into a tree and slumped to the ground. The girl steps towards him, but a shout makes her pause momentarily.

"Sasuke! You're awa-huh?" Sakura's relief was replaced by confusion, seeing the strange pattern and marks on Sasuke's face and his neck. She and the others there could feel the sudden surge of strength he possessed, and she felt a stab of fear. "W-what happened to you?"

Sasuke glances at her, his eyes narrowing when he takes in the bruises and blood on her face. "Who did this to you, Sakura? I'll make them pay, now that this gift from him has made me stronger." He says darkly, muttering about how he would get his revenge on someone and avenge his clan. "Sakura, tell me! Who did this to you," he demands, but a choked snicker diverts his attention.

"T-that would be me," Zaku coughs out, a bloody smirk on his face as he stumbles to stand upright, his arms limp at his sides. Sakura realised Zeri was no longer in sight, and she looked around nervously for her teammate. Shikamaru quickly pulled Choji into the bushes, yelling to Ino, who was in Kin's body. "Ino! Get out of there, we don't wanna get caught in this!"

Neji and Tenten watch from above, remaining where they are as they watched the scene unfold. "No, Zaku!" Dosu shouts in alarm, but Sasuke had already pinned Zaku to the ground. "Your arms are already twisted, but it's such a shame. Whoever did this could have done worse," Sasuke suddenly pulls back, tearing Zaku's arms completely from their sockets. Zaku screams in anguish, and Sasuke releases his arms, turning to Dosu instead.

"Nu-uh, this one is mine," Sakura exhaled with relief when she found Zeri casually sitting beside Zaku, Sasuke narrowing his eyes at her speed. "You..." he trailed off, noticing the difference in her eyes, but continued angrily. "You didn't even help Sakura! Why should I let you handle him?" He sneered, and Zeri narrowed her eyes at his words. "I don't have to explain myself to you," she replied, almost boredly, but Sakura could see the irritation in her eyes at his tone. Why didn't she just explain herself? She wasn't even here when the fight happened!