Chapter Eighteen

guess who's back!! :) thank you guys so much for all your support and voting omg this fanfic has come really far :,) ok so I haven't updated in a while so here it is! IM SORRY IN ADVANCE.

Third Person POV

Shrill screams of horror suddenly fill the air, and Team 7 (minus Zeri) halt in their tracks abruptly.

"Did you hear that?" Sakura whispered. "That sounded a lot like someone screaming...I really don't like this place guys," she continued, fear evident in her voice.

"Relax Sakura, this is gonna be a piece of cake!" Naruto replied cheerfully before bending over a bush, fiddling with his zipper. "Scuse me, I really gotta-" Sakura bashes his head, eyes flaring angrily. "Not in front of a girl, toy don't!" She screeches.

After a few minutes, Naruto returns, looking relieved. "Phew, I don't think I could've held that in any longer!" He laughs, and Sakura glares at him in disgust. "You're such a pig, Naruto!" She shrieks. Suddenly, Sasuke appears in front of him, kicking him and causing him to skid back.

"Ow! What was that for?!" Naruto yells. Sakura nods tentatively. "Yeah... wasn't that a little overreacting? I mean Naruto is disgusting but-" Sasuke suddenly dashes forward, striking at Naruto again but he manages to dodge. "Watch out Sakura...I think he's gone crazy!" Naruto warns, standing up slowly.

"Take a closer look at Naruto, Sakura!" Sasuke tries to get her to see. "Where's the cut on his cheek?" Sakura's eyes widen in realisation, and 'Naruto' looks unsure of himself. "Your transformation jutsu is even worse than Naruto's."

A Hidden Rain Ninja appears in front of them, smirking slightly. "Well, at least one of you were smart enough to realise that it was a transformation jutsu. Now, hand over your scroll and no one gets hurt."

Zeri's POV

Pretty smart of them to use their environment, I mused as Team Eight fled the scene, leaving behind them three suffering ninja. They hadn't noticed I was there the whole time, since they were probably too caught up and on edge to realise that there was someone else present. And I had hidden my chakra before this stage even started, so I wasn't surprised.

I clasped my hands together, closing my eyes and focusing on my surroundings through sound. Chirps and screeches from the animals filled my ears, with the occasional rustling of the bushes and leaves. I listened deeper for the telltale footsteps or sounds of running or leaping onto branches, focusing on finding a group to target.

After a few seconds, I picked up the sounds of a group of ninja towards my right, travelling away from me. I immediately began heading in their direction to catch up to them, my feet barely touching the tree branches before I leapt to the next ones.

I gradually slowed, detecting the three chakras of the ninja ahead - they were scattered from one another and not packed as a group. I felt a pout settle on my lips. This should be free and easy, which wasn't what I wanted but at least I'd get to try something new I had planned.

I abrutply halted, dropping down into the canopy below before continuing my pursuit. My eyes narrowed, following the movements of the ninja slightly ahead of me. I bit my fingertip, drawing blood and silently whispered. "Summoning Jutsu!"

Low, lethal growling filled the air as Kitzu appeared beside me, shaking his head and arching his back as he easily kept up with me. "Zeri, to what do I owe this pleasure?" Kitzu's voice rumbled lowly, his amber fur ruffling in the wind as we dashed through the forest. I smirked, nodding ahead. "Remember the technique we were thinking of? Let's try it out," I told him excitedly, and his eyes brightened as he bared his teeth.