Chapter Six

hey guys! so I haven't updated in like forever, and I'm sorry :( It's been the first week of school, and really hectic! and I have a five day camp next week too, so I won't have any Internet to write and update :'( but on the bright side, here's a long chapter for you guys! ^^ thanks for reading, it's so awesome that this has 80+ reads already!

------------------------------------

Naruto's POV

I gobbled up the food quickly, holding the bowl out in front of me as I swallowed. "More please!" I yelled, at the same time as Sasuke. I glared at him, my fingers tightening around the bowl. Grr, Sasu-! Turning around, I puke out all the food I just ate, wiping my mouth with a grimace. Gross! Hah, but at least Sasuke puked too! I'm sure Sakura thinks he's gross now! I peek at her eagerly, only to see her facing us with an anime vein.

"DON'T EAT ANYMORE IF YOU'RE JUST GONNA PUKE IT UP LATER!" she screams, pointing her finger at me and Sasuke. I glare at Sasuke challengingly, and he glares back. Grr, I have to beat him! I'm not gonna let him win me again! I squint at Sasuke, grumbling under my breath.

Suddenly, something wet collides with my face and I yell out in shock, standing up and dropping the bowl on the table. As the liquid drips down my face and onto my jumpsuit, I realize its the soup that the nice woman prepared for us. I turn around and realize Sasuke's covered in soup too, and I start laughing hysterically.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sasuke, you're soaked too!" I holler victoriously, pointing a finger in his direction. Sasuke growls under his breath. "You're covered in soup too, Baka!" Sakura's eyes widened as she takes in the sight in front of her, before she turns to face the person that threw the soup. Hey, wait a minute! Who was the guy that threw the soup at me?! I'm gonna kick his butt! I growled, following Sakura's gaze, only to find a pair of amber eyes glaring back at me.

"What the?! Zeri, you threw the soup at us?!" I glare at her accusingly, and she raises an eyebrow. "No, Kakashi did it," she replied, rolling her eyes, and I blink in confusion, turning to Kakashi-sensei. "Kakashi-sensei, you threw the soup at us?!" I yell, and Sakura anime falls while Zeri and Kakashi-sensei sweatdrop. Sakura stands back up, punching my head. "No you idiot! Zeri was just joking! You're so dumb Naruto!" I whine in pain, running away from her as she chased me around the table.

"Hey, this photo here is torn," Sakura says thoughtfully, before turning to Inari. "I noticed you kept staring at it, Inari. Why would you keep a photograph that has someone torn out of it? Isn't that a bit strange?" I nod, agreeing with Sakura but holding my now bruised head. Dinner was already over, and Kakashi-sensei managed to stop Sakura from hitting me. Ugh, sure she was pretty, but she only had eyes for Sasuke! I mean, come on, whats so good about that guy anyway?!

Tsunami sighs after a slight pause. "That's my husband," she says, looking wistfully at the picture. Tazuna sighs as well. "They used to call him a hero in this land," he mutters sadly, and Inari stands up abruptly before running to his room, slamming the door. Tsunami calls after him, shooting a dirty look at Tazuna. "Father! I told you not to speak about him in front of Inari!" she scolds, before running after him.

Zeri's POV

I glanced up at Naruto, slightly impressed. He shoots me a wide grin from above, his smile catching me off guard as I shot him a smirk back. He grins even wider, cheering as he jumps up and down, celebrating his accomplishment.

"I did it! Zeri, look at me, I finally did it! Oh gosh, I'm so happy, believe it! I told you I could do it, haha! Wait till everyone sees this!" He screams, and I scowl at him, appearing beside him and knocking his head. As he winces in pain, I growl at him. "Just because you finally did it, it doesn't mean you can just scream my ear off! Shut it or I'll kill you," I say, baring my teeth. He gulps audiby, nodding frantically. After Tazuna told us about the little brat's sad little life story, Naruto decided to train even harder to prove that 'heroes did exist'. Please, the brat hadn't seen anything yet, I had scoffed earlier, causing Kakashi to shoot me a curious glance.