Chapter 13

FEL: Ch. 13

COMRADE'S POV

I wake up and instantly bring Alex's body closer to mine. She mumbles in her sleep, turning over so her head is against my chest. I chuckle the slightest bit at her sleeping form. She looks like a baby, sweet and peaceful.

I brush some of her blonde hair away from her face and place a light kiss on her forehead. She stirs a bit before opening her beautiful stormy eyes and gazing up at me. She smiles slightly, her eyes still filled with sleep.

"Morning." She mumbles, burying her head closer to my chest. I smile slightly while softly stroking her hair.

"Good morning my little mate." I whisper in her ear. She shivers and releases a shaky breath. I smirk at the power I have over her, but who can blame me? After not having power over anything for three years, having a little can make a guy happy.

"Why do you call me that? Can't you just call me Alex?" She questions, her cool breath hitting my chest. I close my eyes and massage her scalp, earning myself a groan.

"Where's the fun in that?" I question in a cheeky voice. I hear her chuckle, the sound being muffled by my chest.

We stay like that for a few minutes, just enjoying the peace and quiet. It's nice just being able to relax and not worry about anything. For three years, that's all I've done. Worried. I was worried about when Celina was coming for me, I was worried about when I would get my next meal, I was worried about Kate and what would happen it she was found out, I worried about-

My thought cuts off at the mention of Kate, my whole body stiffening. Kate... Did she get out? Is she safe? Where is she? Is she even alive? I need to find her.

No longer paying attention to Alex, I quickly get out of the bed and pull on a loose pair of jeans and the first shirt I can find. I quickly dress and head for the door, but a hand on my shoulder stops me.

"Comrade, listen to me. What's wrong? What's going through that thick skull of yours?" Alex questions me, coming into my line of sight.

I stare at her emotionlessly, making her slightly cringe. She places a hand on my cheek, but I step out of her embrace. I don't pay attention to the hurt that crosses her face. If I wasn't so focused on Alex, maybe I would've been worrying about Kate a lot sooner. How could I just let her fly over my head? She's the only thing that kept me sane while I was with Damon and I forgot about her. How stupid can I be?

"No, Alex." I say in a tone that says to not mess with me. Alex looks to me, studying me for a moment. I look into her stormy eyes and see them harden, her lips forming a straight line.

"Fine." She says before walking out of my room and slamming the door behind her.

I sigh and rub my face, getting rid of the sleep that still sits there. I can't deal with this right now, I need to know about Kate.

I exit the room and make my way to the kitchen. I don't know what's happened to Kate or if she's even alive, but the one person who will know is Axel. So, I intend to ask him.

Entering the kitchen, I see him sitting with Callum, just chatting quietly. As soon as Callum catches sight of me though, he while body becomes rigid. I don't pay any mind to him as I approach Axel.

"Axel, was there a girl when you found me?" I ask, getting straight to the point. Axel growls lowly at me.

"You may be Celina's friend, Comrade, but I am still your alpha and I want respect." He growls at me. I clench my teeth, not really caring at this moment in time. Kate's the only thing on my mind.