Tainted Love

.: Chapter Eighteen :.

I've never been one to hide from my problems. I've never tried to push things to the back of my mind in an attempt to forget. I always faced what came my way, and with James by my side it should be easier than ever to face the music.

Unfortunately, that is not the case. I put the memory of Tom and the new information on Hailey in a box in the far back of my mind, behind three locked doors guarded by three headed dogs and a dragon. I refuse to remember. To be forever taunted.

James is now my husband. And we are beginning our new chapter together. I refuse to let anything destroy that.

James' arms wrapped tightly around my waist and he began to rock me back and forth. I smiled into his chest as I began to overwhelm my mind with happy thoughts. I thought of the daisies on each table around us, of the fairy lights above our heads. I thought of the way it felt so safe in James's arms, and how it was just him, me and the stars shining above.

And the 100 guests seated at the tables around us.

Ed Sheeran blasted from a small stereo as James dipped me and pulled me back into his chest. I chuckled and nestled my head in his chest as his lips kissed the top of my head. Our first dance as husband and wife. Not even the memory of Tom could ruin this.

"May I?" a deep voice spoke from beside me, and I lifted my head to find myself looking at Alex.

James nodded as he kissed my cheek and released me from his arms, directing me into those of my brothers.

I put my hand around his waist and grabbed his right hand in my left as we began swaying alone on the dance floor.

"I really am so happy for you," he smiled, resting his cheek on the top of my head.

"Thank you, Alex," I smiled, my face against his chest.

I looked over to James, who was being dragged onto the dance floor by Louise. I chuckled to myself as she wrapped her arms around his stomach and tried to dance. James placed his hands on her shoulders and looked over to me with desperation in his eyes. I winked at him in response and he shook his head at me as she began to pull him around the dance floor.

"I'm really glad you're here. Today wouldn't have been the same without you."

"I wouldn't have missed this for the world. And I'm definitely glad I could make it," he stated pulling his head up to look down at me, "what with Hailey's surprise visit."

I instantly stopped swaying and pulled back, looking up at him, "You know her?".

Alex nervously smiled at the corner of his mouth and began looking around the room, "Ah, yeah. Through Tom."

I froze at the sound of his name and Alex noticed instantly and bent over and placed my head in his hands. "Hey, it's alright. Don't even think about it. I shouldn't have brought it up".

I took in a deep breath and shook my hands out, "No, it's OK. I was just trying not to focus on him or Hailey tonight. But I do want to talk about this."

Alex reached out and pulled me into a tight hug. "I get it, and of course. But for tonight, my lips are sealed. You deserve one good night."

"Thank you, Alex. You know I love you, right?"

Alex smiled and kissed my forehead, "I love you too, and now," he said stepping back, "I'm going to leave you in the hands of the young gentleman currently walking towards us, if you can call him that."

I raised an eyebrow and turned around to see Jesse strutting across the dance floor, slipping his suit jacket off and dropping it on the floor.

"Start kicking off those pretty heels, Allie! 'Cause this is my jam and we're about to get down."

* * * * * *

The rest of the night went off without a hitch. If you don't include Jesse twerking so hardcore that he smashed into a waitress with a full plate of drinks. That was a moment that will be forever etched on the highlight reel of my life.

James and I drank too much champagne and danced the night away. By the end of the night, I was back in my fairy tale wedding, forgetting about the problems of the real world.

Life ran in slow motion as James and I left our reception, our friends and family throwing rice into the hair as we made our way to the car. I don't think I've ever been so happy in my life. James held my door open for me, and I waved like crazy at my family as James started up the car and took off down the road.

James and I giggled like true newlyweds the whole drive to our hotel and through the lobby. James arms were wrapped around me, and he placed kisses on my neck as I slid the hotel key through the swipe pass. We stumbled into the room and I fumbled for the light switch as James pushed against me. James directed me to the wall and I giggled as he pinned me against it.

"It's just you and I now, Mrs James Morietti," James whispered as he began placing kisses down my neck.

"Easy tiger," I smiled, pushing James off of me, "how about some champagne first?"

James pouted and hugged me from behind as I walked further into the room.

"Of course, mi'lady," he joked, letting go of me and walking over to the ice bucket by the desk on the far wall.

I smiled to myself as I took in the whole room. A large four post bed sat to my left, facing large glass windows overlooking the city. There was a single light in the room, situated over the desk on the far side of the room, behind the bed in which James was currently walking around. As I watched him move, I noticed a white box on the bed, tied with blue ribbon.

A wedding gift from the hotel? Don't mind if I do.

My dress floated behind me as I walked to the bed, grabbing the box and untying the blue ribbon. The cork of the champagne popped from beside me and I jumped, flipping the box back onto the bed, with only the lid remaining in my hands. I shook my head at my husband as I grabbed a small envelope which now sat beside the over turned box.

Smiling, I grabbed the envelope and pulled the small piece of paper out of it.

You + Me = 3

-H

"Uh, James?" I questioned, putting the note on the bed and picking up the overturned box. Under neath sat two small blue baby boots.

"Yeah?" he responded, walking to me, holding out a glass of champagne. I reluctantly took the glass off of him as he observed the objects on the bed.

"What is this?" he asked, picking up the shoes, "Are you pregnant?!" he asked, excitement evident in his voice.

"No," I replied bluntly, "look at the note."

I picked it off the bed and handed it to him, and watched as all colour drained from his face.

"Hailey."

"This is a sick joke, right? She's just messing with us," I spoke, putting my glass down on the beds wooden frame.

"I-" was James's only response. His face was filled with shock and guilt and it said all that I needed to know.

The room filled with silence- so much so that you could almost hear my heart shatter as I walked out of the hotel room and slammed the door shut behind me.