I Do

.: Chapter Sixteen :.

The month leading up to the wedding flew by. School kept James, Jessie and myself quite busy, well, mostly myself. Out of us three amigos, I'm the only one who takes my education seriously. However, James is making remarkable progress in his studies. He was lucky to pass his first two years and now, with me as a motivation point as he says, hes put school at first priority. For the most part. He still can't say no to the never ending frat parties. Hes good though, and he always comes home to me. Mostly passed out of the couch with a textbook on my lap and my hand still in a cheetohs packet. How he continues to choose me everyday is beyond me.

The nightmares have become more frequent and more vivid. James has to hold me most nights until the tears stop. I don't know where I'd be without him.

Within the last month, we've faced some odd encounters. Someone thinks its amusing to keep vandilising our home. Our fence has been knocked over, letterbox ripped out, flowers ripped out from the ground. Once the light from our porch went missing. We never seem to catch them, as if they know when we're not home. It's almost like someone or something doesn't want James and myself to have a nice home.

The constant trashing of our home isn't the strangest thing to happen within the last month. Oddly enough, I seem to keep running into my old room mate Hailey. Shes always at the cafe when I get my morning coffee, shes sitting at a desk close by in the library.. I see her all over campus. A part of me is curious as to why I see her all the time. The other part realizes that my trauma has probably increased my anxiety and the fact that she has eyes so similar to Tom, that the traumatised part of my brain just seems to pick up on her presence more than other students.

Nothing that has occurred in the last month is of any importance though. Not in retrospect to today. Today is the day I finally get to say I do to James. My wedding day is finally here.

My mother woke me up early in the morning and greeted me with pancakes and fresh coffee. She ran me over the schedule for the day while I ate, and before I knew it my bridal party had arrived for preparation. Katherine and my mother took way too much enjoyment in wedding planning, and practically converted my mothers living room into an impromptu salon. All of us girls were seated and being attended to when the life of the party came sauntering through the door.

"Who is the best maid of honor in the world? Oh yes, that would be me," Jessie announced as he glided into the room. The smile on my face was instant as soon as I saw my best friend.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned as he lent in and gave me a quick hug, "Aren't you suppose to be with James?"

Jessie rolled his eyes and shook his hand at me. "Yeah, yeah. I just came to deliver some goodies and see how things are over here. You know, make sure that you don't turn out looking like Frankensteins bride."

My mother scoffed and threw a box of tissues at Jessie from across the room. "Your mother and I have planned this whole day out, and I am shocked how little faith you have in us both."

Jessie looked to me for helped but all I could do was utter a small laugh.

"No offense Cecilia, but you and my mother are a bit, you know, old and behind the times and I just want to make sure Allie doesn't end up with a perm."

The bridesmaids and hair stylists erupted into laughter and my mother and Katherine rolled their eyes.

"We're old now, apparently" Katherine joked and my mother scoffed.

"Who would have thunk it?"

My cousin Louise who was seated beside me pipped in, "I don't think you're old Aunt Cecilia!". Mum smiled and blew her a kiss,