Say Yes To The Dress

Chapter Two

"Try this one on!" my mum begged.

"Look at all that lace!" I groaned, grabbing a handful of the lace on the dress to prove it. Right now my mum, Katherine, Jesse and I were all dress shopping- and they are killing me.

"Just try it on!" my mum bargained. I looked at my mum and the dress- then groaned, grabbed the dress and walked into the dressing room.

 "This is so not going to work," I mumbled as I tried on the dress. I clutched it and knocked on the dressing rooms door. It flung open and Jessie walked in.

"This dress is hideous," I whispered to him as he zipped it up.

"Dont worry, I picked out a dress that you'll love," he whispered back. I smiled and adjusted the dress. I pushed open the dressing room door and stepped out.

"Naww," our mothers chorused and I stomped over to them.

"This dress makes me look fat," I grumbled as I stood up on the podeum.

"You look beautiful," my mother cried. I frowned and looked at her.

"I look like a balloon,"

"I dont think its the one Cecilia. Remember the flowers? That dress wont match," Katherine said, pointing to me.

"Oh, yes I agree," my mother said, looking over the dress again. I groaned and looked over at a smirking Jesse.

We were both young, when I first saw you. I close my eyes and the flash backs start, I'm standing there-

I jumped off the podeum and over to my handbag where my phone was ringing. I grabbed it and looked and the caller ID then answered;

"Hey my handsome fiance',"

Hows dress shopping going?

"They're killing me," I replied, looking over to where our mothers sat chatting.  He chuckled.

Just think- in a few hours you'll get to see me!

"What makes you think I'm so excited to see you?" I joked.

Your marrying me- arent you?

"I didnt know that. I thought I was trying on huge princess wedding dresses just for fun!"

I'll see you soon. Ok? I'm going to make you a romantic dinner before we head off to Uni

"You. Cook? I'll be there," I smiled.

I love you.

"I love you too," I said then hung up. I put my phone in my bag and turned to my mums.

"Next dress?" I said walking over to the dressing rooms.

"My turn!" Jesse squealed as he picked up a dress and followed me over. He jumped in the dressing room with me and locked the door.

"You'll love this dress, Allie. It has no lace!" he joked as he helped me out of the balloon dress and into the one he chose. He pulled it onto me and zipped it up the back. It was a slim fit and the silk gently rubbed up against my skin. I dont know what I looked like in it yet- but it felt heavenly.

Jesse opened the door and I walked out and smiled at the way it felt when I walk.

"Its beautiful!" my mother gushed as I walked out and onto the podeum.

"And it suits the theme," Katherine joined in. I rolled my eyes and rubbed my fingers down the dress and I looked at it in the mirror. It had small silver beads running under neath my breasts, the straps were the same silver. It was pleated and full length and just beautiful.

I nodded and looked back over at my mums.

"This is the one,"