Chapter XLIII - Miles and Miles of Mountains

I put a foot in cautiously, while keeping a watchful eye on Constantine. Just one of my feet is in, while the rest of my body is still hanging out the window.

Constantine's whole body is tense. His eyes narrow as he watches my every movement as if expecting me to make a run for it at any second. Well now, that doesn't seem like a bad idea...

"Don't even think about it, sweetheart," he warns. "I'll just catch you, and you won't like what I might do to you once I do."

Cuddly bunnies!!! This is not good.

"Why don't you come in, my love?" he coaxes me. I don't like the way he's saying that. It sounds too much like a trap. The way he's looking at me is too much like a predator eyeing it's prey.

"Uh...I think I'll just stay out here, thank you," I answer. "I quite like the fresh air.." I add, holding onto the window frame. This is such an awkward position.

"Do you now?" his voice is smooth.

"Uh huh," I nod my head enthusiastically...and gulp audibly. My eyes must be huge in my face as I stare at him warily.

"Maybe I should join you there. I quite like the fresh air myself," he takes a slow step towards me.

I've never seen him quite like this before and it's putting me on edge. There's a loud sound of silent warning bells in my head. There's something about him that seems very dangerous right now. It's there, in the glitter of his watchful silver grey eyes, in his measured calculating movement, in the mesmerizing tone of his voice.

Before he gets any closer, I take off. Ninja!!! I fling myself as far as I can from the house. As soon as my feet touch the ground, I spring to the nearest tree and grab a branch to haul myself up.

I'm still in my human form, but I've learnt in the last couple of days that I'm getting faster and stronger even without phasing. Maybe not as fast and deadly as in my lycan form, but I'm still very fast.

I can hear the whooshing sound of the wind in my ears as I propel myself forward faster and faster. I push my feet against a tree when my hands barely touch it, to grab another sturdy looking branch.

I can sense movements behind me. I try to phase, but I can't seem to concentrate hard enough to do that. My heart is hammering and my is blood pumping in my ears. Pure adrenaline is rushing through me. I kick harder and swing faster onto further hanging branches and trees. I think I'm loosing him. I hope I am.

Suddenly I can feel his presence very close behind me. I fling myself quickly upwards, with my hands outstretch to grab the next tree. I yelp as an arm snatches me in mid-air around my waist. He presses me close to his body and lowers us both to the ground, but he keeps going. His arm is like a steel band around me. There's nothing I can do but to wrap my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist.

Oh, he smells heavenly. How I miss his amazing scent...Wait!!! what am I thinking? Suddenly I remember his threat. My stomach clench at the thought of what he might do to me.

He's moving very fast. Everything seems to be a blur around me. What was I thinking trying to outrun him?

He keeps going further and further and I have no idea where we are when he finally stops. He releases his hold on me and I quickly jump a few feet away from him.

"Now my sunshine, we're all alone," he utters with some satisfaction. His hair is mused up sexily. His skin is a bit flushed from all the running he just did. Oh goddess, he's still the sexiest man I've ever laid my eyes on.

"What are you planning to do to me?" I ask him warily.

His eyes rake up and down my body as if he can see through my clothing. "What do you think I would do to you, sunshine?" he sounds amused, almost indulgent. His lips curl up into a feral smile. His silver grey eyes flashed with anger and hunger and desperation. It sets my pulse racing.

He's not really amused. I can tell. "Maybe I'm tired of waiting. Maybe I'm tired of chasing after you. Maybe it's time for me to catch you, Genesis."

Cuddly bunny and fuzzy slippers!!! I don't know about this. Do I want to get caught? I'm not waiting around to find out. I look around, trying to think of a way to escape. We're in a grassy clearing, up on top of a mountain, from what I can see. There's only one tree right in the middle of the clearing as if it was planted there. There are trees and mountains for miles around us. Miles and miles of them.

He's very still, standing there silently watching my every movement like a big cat or rather a lycan, waiting for it's prey's next move.

He takes one step closer and I skittishly jump back. He stops as if he's assessing the situation, then deciding to change the tactics.

I have to admit, it confuses me when he casually leans back against the lone tree. "So...what were you doing while I was away? Were you busy forming your own harem?" he asks conversationally, linking his hands behind his head. He looks and sounds totally relaxed, but the intensity in his eyes is anything but relaxed.

I gulp nervously, but I figure it's safer to move as far away from him as possible by slowly taking a couple steps back. "No...I don't know what you're talking about."

"You never answered me, did you have fun with that Alpha mutt at the party you went to?...or was it with the Beta that you disappeared with?" his eyes flash with hurt, anger and jealousy. I sense that his body is like a tightly coiled spring even when he is leaning passively against the tree.

"Didn't Milan tell you all about it already?"

"Don't you think you're the one who should be telling me all about that? Tell me, did you enjoy your time with those two?"

Talking about Milan makes my blood boil.

"What if I did? What's it to you?" I blurt out angrily.

In a blink of an eye, he's on me. His nose flares and his eyes flash dangerously. His hand goes to my back to pin my body up against his. The other hand grabs the back of my neck while his thumb pushes my chin up so that I'm looking up into his face.

"Don't you dare saying that again. You are mine! Every single inch of you is mine," he growls possessively. His eyes are darkening around the edges. Me and my big mouth.

"Tell me sweetheart, did any of them touch these lips?" his index finger traces my lips, not very gently, pulling them apart. My lips tingle with pleasure from his touch. "These lips belong to me."

He pushes his finger inside my mouth. My tongue involuntarily comes up to lick his finger. "Did he taste this mouth? This tongue?" His breath teases my skin. "This mouth is mine. This tongue belongs only to me."

He leans in close. His own lips graze my cheek, delicious explosions of heat spread like wildfire across my skin.

Suddenly he rips my shirt open. His eyes roam over my exposed body hungrily. "Mine," he growls as I try to cover myself. He only pulls my ripped shirt all the way off and tosses it aside. "Only I'm allowed to see this. Touch this. I'm never letting you go. I've warned you. It's time for you to remember that," his voice sounds even deeper now. I can see his canine very clearly now. He leans down and licks my neck, and my shoulder, while his canine grazes my skin.

**************************************************************

My plane landed just a few hours ago. Three days of journey. Five plane rides. FIVE!!! It's 2:30 pm. but my body is telling me it's 2:30 in the morning. My body is so confused. I haven't sleep much at all in 45 hours. I am so messed up.

I think this chapter is as messed up as I'm feeling right now. Cliffhanger again, can't be helped. I'm really cranky when I'm tired. The more I write, the more messed up it gets. I admit defeat. So, I'm off to bed.

Don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you!!!

XOXOXO

Nicole

P/S: Those who write nasty comments, I feel sorry for you. Get a life. To those who keep supporting my writing, Thank you so much!!! I <3 you guys!