Chapter XIII - My Date Has Gone to the Wolves

As soon as we step inside the restaurant, I know something is about to go wrong. I can smell Logan and his friends.

I look around, but I can't see them anywhere. Maybe they were here earlier, I reasoned with myself. The scent is still very strong, so they can't be that far.

We are shown to our seats and our waitress promptly brings out a basket of warm bread sticks.

"This is nice, Kevin," I smile at him warmly. It is a very nice place. The ambiance is amazing and the smell of food is mouth watering.

I sense most of the people here are werewolves.

"Hello, Genesis. What a surprise to see you here," says a familiar voice. Logan.

Kevin frowns as he notices the group of popular boys from school are here, crowding around our table.

"Good choice, Kevin. This is a nice place. The food is good too. You don't mind us joining you, do you?" Logan says as he pulls another chair from a neighboring table. He slides in and pulls his chair closer to mine. Our thighs are touching.

"Logan.." I growl warningly.

"Yes sweetheart?" smiles Logan, casually popping a piece of bread stick into his mouth. He sits back comfortably, while his eyes are looking between me and Kevin lazily.

"You know what Kevin? Let's go somewhere else," I say to Kevin. I grab his hand in mine, trying to get him out of there.

Logan grabs my wrist tightly, almost painfully. "Stay, sweetheart." He is smiling, but his tone is commanding. The smile doesn't reach his eyes. I grit my teeth while staring at him defiantly.

"This table is too crowded," I announce.

"If you haven't notice, Genesis and I are on a date. So if you'll excuse us, " declares Kevin, putting his other hand on top of mine.

"Is that so?" Logan smiles wolfishly. "There must be some mistake. You see Kevin, this one here is mine. She knew she's not supposed to go out on a date with anyone else," he curves his arms possessively around my neck.

I try to squirm out of his arm, but he's too strong.

"Screw you, Logan!" I burst. I can't take it anymore. He just has to go and ruin everything. "I'm not yours. Just leave us alone!"

His patience seems to snap at my outburst. He grabs me by the back of my neck roughly and smashes my lips against his. His canines graze my lips, so I know his wolf is not far above the surface. His wolf must be going crazy wanting to mark me. It's natural for his wolf wanting to mark it's mate especially when there is a threat of other males around.

Tears pooling in my eyes. This date is over. I can taste my own blood on my lower lip where his canines puncture it.

"Take her home," he instructs one of his boys.

"I'll do it," offers Hunter.

Two of his other boys are holding Kevin by his shoulders.

Kevin is well muscled, but Logan and his friends are werewolves. It's not going to be a fair fight. They could kill him pretty easily.

"Let her go!" yells Kevin, but nobody's listening to him.

Hunter tries to pull me out by my waist, but Logan pushes his hands aside and drags me out to the car himself. I struggle in his hold.

We're drawing attention, but he doesn't seem to care.

"No! No no no..let me go!" I smack his chest and his shoulders ineffectively. "Don't hurt him. You hear me? Logan! Don't you hurt him!"

I sit quietly in the car, trying hard not to cry. Hunter drives silently. I'm thankful that he doesn't say anything or ask any question.

However, halfway through the thirty-minute drive, my dam breaks. I cover my face with my hands and sob quietly the rest of the way.

After he parks the car in front of our house, Hunter quietly gathers me into his arms and lets me cry it out. It's nice to be in his arms, but he'll get into trouble if Logan smells me all over him.

"Why is he doing this? He doesn't love me. Why can't he just let me go?" I ask finally.

"No...he doesn't love you," agrees Hunter with a sigh. "But werewolves are very possessive of their mates, especially the Alphas.

Logan is also having a problem with his father. They are both very stubborn. Logan has been arguing and rebelling against his dad at every turn since he was very young.

His father wants him to mate with you, so that makes him even more determine to mate with Mia."

I just nod. So I'm just a pawn between Logan and his father. He's putting me through all this pain so he can win this fight he has with his father.

"I'm sorry Genesis. You deserve so much better," his voice is heavy.

I pull back and look into his chocolate brown eyes. I see regret in his eyes and something else.

"Thank you, Hunter. Thank you for taking me home and for telling me this...for everything. Oh, can you please make sure they don't kill my date?" I fumble with the door handle.

Hunter looks disappointed, but he nods his head and smiles gently.

"You're a good person, Hunter." Impulsively I lean forward and quickly peck his cheek. I jump out and then stagger inside the house.

I sneak in as quietly as I can. When the light hit me in my bedroom, I'm thankful that nobody saw me when I sneaked inside.

Smudges of black eyeliner and mascara are running down my cheeks. My hair is a mess. There's some trace of dry blood on my lower lip.

Poor Kevin. He doesn't deserve this. My date had gone to the wolves.

****************************************************

I was thinking of chopping this chapter and the last one off, but then I thought Kevin deserves a chance too. What do you think? Which one do you like most? Logan? Kevin? Constantine? Or even Hunter?

Thank you so much for your comments and votes! 

Much love,

Nicole