Chapter 2 ~Catnip~

"Good. now you can stop drinking liquor. And wait! Effie kissed an Avox?! gross!" i said. Peeta bursted out laughing.

"Shut up, sweetheart! Effie even said that the Avox boy is handsome, And she's really inlove with him! gross right?" Haymitch said.

"Really gross!" says Peeta still laughing.

~Silence~

"Haymitch, can you leave us alone first? we need privacy." i said

"Privacy? for what?" Haymitch said.

i get annoyed.

"just leave us alone for a second, please?!" i said. irritated.

"Calm down, sweetheart! okay, anymore questions??" says Haymitch.

anymore questions? oh yeah, i remembered!

"Haymitch, WHY DID YOU TOLD THEM TO TAKE A VIDEO ON US????" i shout.

"what video?? oh yeah, that??! it's a secret, sweetheart." he says

"uurggh!! fine! go down strairs!" i said

he goes down the stairs. When i turned around, Peeta is not beside me.

oh no. where is he?! Where is my Bread boy?!

"PEETA!!!!!!!" i shout.

"Yes, Katniss?" he says. And then i turned around again. There he is!! my bread boy !!

"where have you been?" i asked worried.

"bathroom" he answers.

"okay..?" i said. he turns around and picks something up from my table.

"Hey, what is this?" said Peeta.

"Scrapbook." i said

he opens it and ask me this horrible question:

"Is this handsome man your dad?" he points at a neat man with army clothes. In my scrapbook.

wait, 'handsome man'? well yeah, my dad is pretty handsome. That's why a girl like my mom loves him.

"Yeah." i said

"I knew it! you looked exactly like him!"

"Really? you think so?" i ask

"Absolutely! you and your dad are like twins!! you have the same eyes, nose, every feature of your face!" he said sarcastically.

I remembered my dad.

He was a good guy and everybody

here at district 12 loves him because he loves helping people. Rich or poor.

When i was 12,

i also remembered we always play hide and seek in the meadow with Prim and mom, the feeling of how he used to catch me and spin me around and then throw me in the pond. Me, Prim, dad and mom laughing. Oh, how i missed that moment! for me, that was the greatest day of my life and the greatest family ever!

We were happy. No one in the world could make our smiles fade that day.....

until dad died. With the bombing in district 12. When he died, my heart sinked. My heart almost fell out of my body when i heard the news about the bombing with the soldiers. I knew he was one if them. A nonestop waterfall came down my cheeks. i mean, One innocent little 12 year old girl lost his greatest and bravest dad ever. Why is he brave?

He saved district 12.

instead of bombing the whole district 12, President Snow decided to just do the bombing

at the soldiers camp house. When they ask the soldiers about that, they all agreed to it. Including my dad.

When my father died, All the people in district 12 broke their hearts. my mom stops working because of depression. She was really sad and always had puffy eyes. Causing us nothing to eat and drink. We can't even afford to buy a piece of bread or even fresh water.

But for several years, the people in district 12 all seems to be happy. but they all grew poor. We all grew poor.

"Katniss, are you okay, sweetie?" that voice shoots me back to reality. Peeta. "Katniss, i'm sorry please don't cry" he says while hugging me.

Wow. i didn't even notice that i was crying.

"Don't worry bread boy, i'm fine. It's just that, i remembered my dad and Prim." i said hugging him back. Almost sobbing in his shirt.

"Don't worry, Kitty Kat, they are in a happy and better place right now." He said comforting me.

i nod.

I didn't even saw this coming:

"Katniss..?" he says

"Yes?" i said

"Can i ask you a question?" he asks.

wait! what question? does he hate me right now, that i cried? No. He understands my condition. He couldn't hate me.

i'm getting angry.

"What is it, bread boy?" i said impatiently holding my temper.

What am i angry for, anyway?! am i mad? i hate myself!

"Do you love me, real or not real?"

he asks again. hugging me tighter

He asks again. What the?! again?! i already answer this question a hundred times!

"My dear bread boy, how many times do i have to answer this question over and over again?!" i said losing a little bit temper. But not all of it.

"Soo.. does that mean your answer is 'not real'?" he asks.

That's it! i'm gonna blow right now from my angryness!!! i'm so annoyed, i don't know why.

"YES!!" i shout at him. Really annoyed. i looked at his beautiful blue eyes and saw that he's hurt. and i think he's about to cry.

Poor Peeta.

"Oh. Sweetie.. i don't mean to say that. I was only joking, don't cry.

I loved you more than anyone else in this world!" i said kissing him.

"R-r-r-really?" he said in between sobs.

"Yeah. Like really, really, really, really, really a hundred times really loved you that i coudn't live without you." i said comforting him.

"You don't mean that" he says.

"Yes, i do." i said kissing him in the cheek. And then his face lights up. Like a sun again. He's soo cute when his face lights up.

"How about you, you love me, real or not real?" i repeated his question.

"Real." He said.

"Okay. Love youu, bread boy" i said.

"Love you too, Catnip." He says.

What the hell did he say that for?! 'Catnip.' it reminds of the person who killed my innocent little duck, my sister.

Gale.

i would never forgive him for what he did to my sister.

Then it shoots me. anger, REAL anger, panic, Depression. I'm really angry at him. If he was here, i could kill him right now!

Then a strong flashback hits me. A very strong one. And i can't even fight back the horrible flashback i'm feeling right now.

it's about her death.

Then everything turns black.

Comment, Share, and Vote!! that's all !! i'm sorry it's too short. i have school. i'm busy. sorry... hahahaha!! :))