Chapter Nine: Triggered

Sophie's P.o.v

   I couldn't sleep last night. I couldn't close my eyes without thinking of what will come today. I can't bring myself to it, how can I possibly watch a man get tortured and not do anything? Killing and torturing is already cruel and vile as it is, but having someone else watch as you do the tormenting...I'm left speechless. I feel disgusted. My stomach is twisting and turning. I feel entirely hopeless.

   I bite on my nails, they will be here any minute. I can't describe the feeling, there really is no words. I need strength to get through this. Tears prick at the edge of my eyes. 'Why does life have to be this way, why can't I just be happy'. I feel like I'm going insane. Being here is a nightmare, everyday I'm just trying to get though it without being held at gun point. They are the predators and I'm the prey, I'll end up dead one of these days. I just hope that if they do decide to kill me it will be quick and painless.

   My head turns to the door as soon as I heard the knob turning. Evan. He takes a look at me before he smirks. "Had a restful sleep I see".

   "Please don't make me go" I beg "I don't want to see that, I don't want to know what goes on down there".

   He cocks his head to the side "You see, I don't care if you want to see or not. I got ordered to take you down to the basement, you either come willingly or else...". He doesn't finish the sentence and he doesn't have to either, it's obvious what he meant.

   That was my cue to stand and follow him, but yet I felt myself frozen at the spot. I couldn't stand nor did I want to. He notices that I'm hesitating to stand so he grabs be by my forearm and pulls me up.

   "I don't have time for this, lets go." He tightens his grip and starts to head out. I try keeping up with his long strides which is hard since I have short legs. His grip on my hand never loosened a bit, I think it even got tighter? His eyebrows are furrowed together. He is either thinking about something or pissed, quite hard to tell.

   We walked in pure silence, making the tension grow. So many thoughts flood to my head, I don't even know what to think. Question after question and no answer. All these thoughts are making me go mad. I feel like I'm losing myself and becoming someone else who isn't me. I have my moments where I show my strength, but they are making me weak. They are taking everything away from me and I don't know what to do. I don't know if it will get any better or if it will just get worse. I just don't know anymore.

   We made it.

   We are one guard and one door away from the basement. At this point he lets go of my forearm which I'm grateful for and start rubbing it. He left a red mark on my skin, asshole, hope that doesn't leave a bruise later on. The gaurd opens the door with no questions asked, but looks at me with a questioning look. I look away from his gaze and slowly start to walk in. My heart beat starts to pick up. This is really going to happen.

   I felt Evan nudge me to keep moving, I didn't notice I even stopped. Wrapping my arms around myself I start decending. A single light bulb is on. Do they not have more light than just one? Standing there is blue eyes and Christian, both their backs facing us. They seem to hear us and turn around to face us. On a chair sat whom I believe is Piero covered in a not so white sheet. It seemed to be covered in dirt, dried blood and fresh blood from Piero.

I look up at Vincent and see a sinister look on his face. A dark, menacing look that I have not encounted before. Chills of fear run through my body, my heart is still beating fast. That look gives a promise of pain and torment. Christian who is on his side looks fustrated. He looks at me and shakes his head. It's like he doesn't want me here.