Chapter Eight: They Are Back

Sophie's P.o.v

   To say I'm tired is an understatement. It's barely my fourth day working here and I've barely gotten any sleep. Keeping myself in check is harder than I thought. Victoria has gotten on my last nerves. Other than that she still scares the crap out of me, so I do nothing. While the jerk isn't around to boss me around she takes advantage and makes me do the most. If she's not clean this, clean that or there's a spill then it's the blue eyed saying wash this, vacuum that, or clean all the rooms on this hall.

   Seriously. My legs almost gave up on me while cleaning up all those rooms. They were clean already, but no he made sure I cleaned every single room on the hall. Obviously he had someone watching me, Christian. Safe to say they all don't seem like much talkers so it was quie for the most part. I didn't mind, I actually didn't want to talk to any of them anyways. I didn't have distractions so I tried to finish as fast as possible, but nearing the last few rooms I was just exhausted.

   "He wants these rooms cleaned by today, you know" Oh look at that he can actually talk. I ignore his comment and keep on scrubbing the tub. I'm almost done with this room just need to finish scrubbing this tub and dust of the furniture. The bathroom was already clean, I can tell it was cleaned not to long ago. I'll just have to do as told. I sigh and focus on trying to finish as soon as possible.
***
   I finished and I couldn't be any happier. My hands looked like prunes, but I am satisfied with the work I've done. Christian was still here, he seemed impatient for some reason. He tapped his foot on the floor and kept checking his phone every so often. He ran his hand through his hair and tugs the ends.

   "What are you looking at" he finally says. Well shit. He caught me starring at him. I turn away embarrassed. What if he thinks I was looking at him 'cause I thought he looks handsome? I mentally facepalm. Tragic. I can assure I do not like him, but I was just curious as to why he seems so impatient. My curiousity will seriously one day get me killed.

   "I know I'm good looking and all, babydoll, but there is other things you should be doing other than starring at me" he says with a smirk. 'Arrogant jerk' I think to myself.

   "Don't call me that" I make a face of distaste.

   "It suits you" he winks "I might as well call you that, what do you think, babydoll" he mocks me. I cringe at the nickname. I think you should go call that to one of your cheap whores you keep around here and leave me alone.

   He looks at my for a moment before he chuckles "If it makes you feel any better, you aren't my type" I felt relieved, for a second I seriously thought he was trying to flirt with me. Hopefully he won't actually call me by that stupid nickname.

   I was about to answer back when a door is slam shut and a man screaming is heard. Christian mumbles 'cazzo' under his breath before darting out the door.

   Once again my curiousity gets the best of me and I follow behind, not too close though. I kept my distance.

   I stop right before reaching the living room and peek my head making sure no one sees me. An unknown man is there with his face badly beaten. Bruises surround his face. He had a very swollen eye and a busted lip that was bleeding. His clothes are dirty and somewhat worn out. The stubble on his face proves he hasn't shaved in days. He seemed extremely tired and ready to collapse.

   I look at him amazed that he is still standing. Then again he is here so it means he is also a bad guy and must have done something horrible to be here. I was caught up looking at the scene before me that I nearly didn't notice when Vincent walks out from the same way I did. He walks pasts me as if I wasn't even there. I felt my heart stop, but felt relieved when he didn't say anything to me.