Chapter 1

"Great leaders are willing to sacrifice the numbers to save the people. Poor leaders sacrifice the people to save the numbers." -Simon Sinek

"I have called all members here to give an announcement. My best friend and I have run this company for a good 35 years, and it is time for me and my Vice President to step down." The man said with tears rolling down his cheeks, but a smile on his face.

"We are handing the company down to a very deserving individual. He has worked here since he was 16 when he decided he wanted to be a businessman. When he decided he wanted to take after his father. This individual is none other than my son, Jace Simions."

Jace stood from his place at the end of the room. He was hiding the fact that he had no idea his father was going to do this.

He walked to join his father and his father's friend at the front of the room. Most everyone clapped, some frowned but clapped anyway, and other sat with a stone cold expression.

"He will begin in his new position starting tomorrow. His first order of business is to find a Vice President, so be on your best behavior." Jace's father glared at a few people, jokingly.

Jace hugged his father and shook hands with the other man. As he returned to his seat, a few glares were cast his way. He chose to ignore this and wait until the meeting was adjourned.

As if reading his mind, Jace's father told everyone that they were free to go back to work, lunch, or whatever they were doing.

"You should come to lunch with us. To celebrate a little, you know?" Jace's father said to him as they were walking towards an office.

"I would, but Nicole wants to go to lunch with her. Maybe another time."

Jace put on his suit jacket, grabbed his backpack, and walked toward the front lobby.

"She has you wrapped around her finger, my boy." His father chuckled.

"You could say that again." Jace turned his head to see his father's reaction.

His father shook his head and walked down another hallway.

Jace kept his eyes on the hallway his father had walked down and kept walking to the door.

Not realizing where he was walking, Jace walked into what he thought was a door and fell on his ass.  The ladies behind the desk were laughing as Jace tried to collect his thing from the floor.

"I forgot how close I was to the door!" Jace said as he joined in on the laughter.

"I'm not a door!" A deep voice said. Jace stopped laughing and looked in front of him.

There stood a man who was about 6'1, with brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. The man stuck out a hand to help Jace up. Jace accepted and grabbed the man's hand before he pulled him up.

"Let me introduce myself," he shook Jace's hand and let go. "I'm Sam or the guy you called a door." He laughed a little and waited for Jace to speak.

Jace wanted to introduce himself, but his mind went blank and he couldn't make his mouth form words.

"You have a name, right?" Sam asked when Jace didn't say anything.

"Umm...yeah. I'm Jace."