CHAPTER 21

She loves me! And what of the swine?

'Madison.'

'Yes,' her eyes lifted to gaze into his. Her finger traced that pulse throbbing at his throat.

'Do you know I've wanted you from the very first day I laid eyes on you?' he murmured against her lips. His warm breath stirred her desire again. 'I longed to hold you in my arms just like this.' He lowered his head. His lips teased hers mercilessly. She held his face bravely as she returned his kisses. Each time he tried to withdraw, she remonstrated loudly and tightened her grip around his neck.

'I should go before somebody becomes aware of my presence in your chamber.'

'You have to go?' she was devastated.

'I cannot stay till morning. You know that,' he groaned as his lips caressed her milky white satin smooth throat.

'I thought that you---that we---,' her eyes were pleading.

She heard his rich laughter, so sweet, so adorable. 'You want us to make love again?'

Madison nodded shyly.

'But it is too soon for you.'

'No,' she denied. 'I want to---again,' with difficulty she forced the words out. In a moment of weakness he yielded to her demand. This time he was more patient, rather seductively taking even longer than the first time to pleasure her until she climaxed. She clung to him breathlessly, panting as if it was her last breath. Chadwick smiled and cupped her cheeks playfully.

'That was amazing,' she smiled, resembling a contented cat that'd over indulged.

She saw his eyes become dark as charcoal. 'So you will end your betrothal to Swain?'

Madison's eyes shot to his. She searched his eyes, hoping to find common ground. 'I can't,' she whispered. 'Whatever should I tell papa?' She clutched the edge of the sheets tightly.

'That you have come to your senses and realized you made the wrong choice,' his tone was angry.

'I have to marry him,' she murmured.

'You told me you love me!'

'What of the promise I made to Rankin? It is legally binding.'

'You intend to marry that swine, when you do not love him! Why?' He demanded for the second time.

She wished she was not sandwiched beneath him and the bed. She wished she could get out and have some leverage over him.

'Are you going to answer me?' he gritted his teeth.

'Chadwick---please. We have had this night,' her eyes shifted away from his. 'It cannot happen again.' She struggled beneath him, but he refused to release her. He just glared at her as if she was speaking a foreign language.

'Why are you hell bent on marrying Swain?'

'He is a ---nobleman. Our children's birthright shall be secured.'

He did not want her in another man's arms. He could not fathom her having another man's child.
'So a damn title means that much to you?' He tossed the sheets away angrily and hopped out. Madison did not answer. She pulled the sheets up to cover her nakedness whilst Chadwick paced about nakedly. He was built so beautifully, like an athlete. With difficulty, she dragged her eyes away from his muscular frame.

'Is the title going to bring you happiness?' He growled as he shoved his sturdy legs into his trousers. Madison remained silent, stealing another glance at his well toned bottom. She remembered the erotic feel of his masculine chest against her breasts.