Chapter 8 - Payback is a bitch - Part I

~Chapter 8 ~

Payback is a bitch – Part I

I woke up at time much earlier than I had expected. May be that was due to the excitement of this day, a new day, a promising day, second day of my school. Today was going to be my day. I could already feel the tickling sensation within me. Yeah, I was that excited for this day.

I had spent my first night in London tossing and turning in my bed, but last night was different. I had slept like a cat. No, it isn’t a bad comparison like I always do. Fortunately, this is the first time I have come up with a good simile. I actually slept like a cat, peaceful yet alert. I was still insecure, because I was staying under the same roof as Trystan. I couldn’t actually trust him, so I had to be as alert as a cat would in the house where a dog lived. I was pretty sure, he wouldn’t lie behind to barge into my room at anytime and say ‘this is my room’. He was sick to accept that it was my room and not his room. I definitely needed to jostle this truth into his useless brain. But that had to wait as I had more important stuff to handle at the moment.

No screaming of an alarm clock required today to wake me up. I was wide awake. Tying my hair into a messy bun, I jumped out of the bed and directly headed towards the door that leads to the balcony. Since I had been here, I had not got a chance to feel the nature past that door, due to extremely exhausting events I went through unwillingly.

I slid the curtain aside and unlocked the glass door. As soon as I slide that door open, a cool breeze ushered me outside.

Wow! I am pretty much early, I thought as I sipped in the view in front of me.

I pressed myself against the banister and spread my arms like wings. The feeling was incredible when the wind played around my body. I cannot explain that feeling in exact words; I can just say it was different. I had this weird habit of standing against the flow of wind and spreading my arms like an eagle ready to soar high in the sky. It was my way of hugging the moment before letting it slip out of my fist like sand. It was my way of showing gratitude towards God for gifting us that moment, way of enjoying that moment, way of wishing that moment to be with us forever, to never fade away and if it does then to come back to us soon. It was a way to hope, live and be happy. Who knows, we might have it or not in future.

I drew a deep breath, seeing the magnificent view.

Bright streaks of red, pink and orange slowly overcame the dark and purple of the twilight sky. The sky resembled a prism. The sun itself was just peeking out of the horizon, and its brilliant golden rays scrolled back to reveal a river, flowing peacefully between the barely crowded land. From what I could make out from my distance, it was a park across the river. I could see silhouettes of people jogging on the path, along the river side, whose dim shadows combined with the shadows of oak trees casted from the light danced around them. Glancing at the scene a thrilling feeling of awe swept over me. It was… beautiful. The bright rays began to ooze warmth inside my body as well the air surrounding me started warming up.

I couldn’t hold back a smile that stretched on my lips. Yes, it was a perfect moment. It would have been a perfect day as well if not ruined by jerk named Trystan.

“Should I push you or will you do me a favor of jumping by yourself?” Trystan said from behind, his voice sounded closer.

Why he had to always ruin my mood with his stupid mouth? I had woken up with a new enthusiasm. Even the sun was smiling widely at me. But this jerk had to ruin it for me.

I took a retarded sigh and looked back over my shoulder. Trystan was casually leaning against the door frame in the balcony. His arms were folded across his chest. I don’t know for how long he had been standing there while I was lost in the beauty of nature.