Chapter 7 - Making Decision

Hello, Guys. Here is a new update. If you tolerate my grammatical mistakes, then I will be grateful to you all. This is a bit lengthy chapter. It took all my time, because this was one tough job. This may lack comedy. Because this is pretty painful chapter :(

*************************

Chapter 7 - Making Decision

Oh. My. Bloody. Fudge. Cake. On. Toast-bread-jam! What wrong have I done to go through this entire thing?

I was at the dead end. I knew it was over, my life was over. I was going to die now, right at the moment, at this place, on the very second day of being in London.

It was funny how my life turned into bizarre within a matter of two days. And now I was going to die a painful death at such a young age. So many things I had wished to accomplish before I die. I had already made a list of my wishes, which I always kept underneath my pillow. Every night I read that list in a hope to fulfill them some day. But now the time seemed so less to even peer at that piece of paper. The biggest tragedy of my life was I was going to die without saying good bye to my mum, dad, Juliana, Oliver, Jed, and Med.

I was going to die young in a pitiful manner, but the creature in front of me showed no mercy as it advanced on me. The hairs on my neck were already standing in fear. I needed to do something and the first thing I needed to do was confession. I didn’t want to share hell with Trystan as I was sure after some years he would enter in hell.

Dear, Father Lord. I seek your forgiveness for all my sins that I have done sometimes by mistake and sometimes purposely. I beg your forgiveness. Please give me one more chance and I will worship you with all my heart. Please save me, I quickly recited a prayer, asking for forgiveness. Please, dear, Lord. I Promise I will attend every Sunday mass. I will share my iPhone with Jed. Okay, he isn’t here, but please I won’t even fight with that freak Trystan- that is unless he crosses my path. Oh, I am just messed up. You know how I am. Please, help me- I stopped my mental rant as the reality settled in my brain that the distance between us was minimizing quickly.

I stared at the Golden Retriever, who had his tongue spilling out as if teasing me. It was an obnoxious sign of his victory. I was his precious possession today which I was pretty sure he wanted to show his master in a mount of pieces. He walked with pride and grace, performing a dance of disdain as he slowly lifted and lowered each paw with a heaviness of a wrestler. He stopped few feet away, probably calculating the distance to attack me.

Ours eyes did not leave each other. Neither of us blinked as if our life depended on this quest of eye lock. On my part, I didn’t want to blink my eyes as to give him any false alarm.

I won’t give up on my life so easily. I will fight back till my last breath. I narrowed my eyes concentrating hard on harming that dog somehow without touching him. How is that possible, though? I thought, still keeping an eye contact.

Hmm… will magic work if I try? Okay, let’s see. Abracadabra.

Nothing happened. Okay, I need to say it loud. “Abracadabra,” I said with full confidence, waiting to wind blow harshly and everything move but not even a leaf moved.

Let’s try one more time. “Petrificus Totalus.” I stated a spell from the Harry Potter series. I had read that novel series and seen that movie several times, leaving its charm on me. So you see I knew most of the spells by heart. The dod didn’t even budge. I went on casting spells on him. “Stupefy, Imperio, Impedimenta…” With a sigh, I gave last try. “Wingardium Leviosa.” The levitation charm supposes to levitate the object, right? But this dog wiggled his tail.