Chapter 4

IMPORTANT: Before writing the actual chapter, I just want to make sure that everyone knows I’m NOT objectifying anyone in this book – especially the women in the book. By incorporating the club scenes, I’m not saying women are just for pleasure (which is highly offensive and enraging) but I’m hopefully expressing that it’s okay for a women to show her sexuality and nudity without being slut-shamed. Hopefully no one has been too offended with those scenes in the last few chapters (particularly the first chapter).

Copyright 2012 – All Rights Reserved.

Chapter 4

Waking up with a headache on another rainy day was something that Alexander had not planned.

Waking up with a burning flame in his chest and throat while splayed out on his back in his spare room wasn’t something he planned either.

Groaning, Alexander sat up and ran a hand through his mess of dark locks. He frowned, looking down to see an empty bottle of liquor was curled around one of his large hands. Rubbing his eyes, he glanced around the room, vision blurring slightly.

Alexander’s eyes widened, his grogginess and blurry vision dissipating rapidly as he looked around more closely.

Mess.

The room was a mess. Granted, he was in his house, in his spare room, surrounded by his own things – but he realized that the mess was a result of his demon’s actions. The demon was quiet in his heart, he again realized, but the damage of the previous night left scars in the room. The paper on the walls were torn into shreds; long scratches were left on the leather chairs, cutting into the stuffing underneath; and stains from what he smelled of similar to liquor were dotted on various places of the dark carpet. Glass from a portion of the window on the left side of the room scattered around the stained carpet, allowing large gusts of wind and rain water to travel into the room, his beige curtains fleeing away from the gusts of wind expertly. But there were no other signs of liquor bottles present in room, allowing relief to seep into his body.

Yet, it was still a mess.

 It was if his demon had completely taken control over his poor soul, as if he just let the demon roam free and smash any obstacle in his way the previous night.  He could imagine his eyes turning into bleak, obsidian black as his demon usurped his body, tearing through the hard flesh on his back and chest, pulling him out of reality and into a world of anger. He could imagine the swirls of rage that would pool into his brain, swirls of rage that had been evident in his fits of rage and killing so many times before.

Small inklings of the previous night’s occurrences flashed in Alexander’s head, the impact causing a headache to form. He groaned, slumping back onto the floor before placing a hand on his throbbing head. The bottle of liquor rolled over to the other side of the room, and he watched it go, listening intently to the small clinking of the bottle as it hit the askew objects along the way. The sound of its knocking rang in his ears, causing his eyes to shut tight as he replayed what he remembered happened yesterday.

Fifteen minutes had passed since the little scene.

Fifteen minutes and he was still sitting in his leather chair, his zipper undone and his eyes open as he looked up at the ceiling in wonder. Not in wonder at what happened – not this time, no – but wonder at how exactly he had gotten himself into such a position. A position that required more so his sanity and patience rather than his actual background knowledge on business; a position that got him to where he was sitting right there, staring up at the maroon tinted ceiling.