Epilogue: Beautiful

*8 months later*

               Today was my wedding. My corset was so tight I couldn't breathe and my fingers grew cold. I gazed upon my reflection in the huge mirror that surrounded me as a whole. The top of my dress made my breasts spill out; I tried pulling the top up and squishing my boobs down but, sadly, it didn't work. I frowned at myself as I fidgeted with my fingers in front of my dress. My shoes were very tall and my feet already started to hurt. I turned and sat on the bed behind me. I looked at myself once again, and saw no change in my completion. Wasn't I supposed to be happy? Wasn't I supposed to be jumping for joy and walking down the aisle with a smile? What was wrong? Why didn't I feel....beautiful? I sighed and looked at the ground. I titled my head and looked at my shoes. The silver glitter on my stilettos sparkled under the light as I darted it out from under my dress to examine it. The shoe shimmered and shinned as I twisted my foot back and forth. I smiled and looked at myself again.

   I was that shimmering glitter. I was the beautiful princess waiting to be a queen. Today I'll be his queen. "His queen." The words rolled off my tongue as if what I was saying was foreign. I smiled at my image. I've been waiting so long for this...just to be with Marilyn. To be his queen and him be my king. "Hi." I giggled to myself in the mirror. "I am Mrs. Marilyn Manson." I squealed at the thought and put a hand over my mouth. I closed my eyes and pictured me walking down the aisle to my husband to be. My train flowing around me as I walked, hopefully not tripping over myself, and my heart beating like a jackrabbit. God, this was exactly what I wanted. To be his and his alone. I needed him now more than ever. Here I am now, 20 years old, getting married to the man who cares about me the most, besides for Sam. Oh, talking about Sam, I talked it over with him about all of this and he was....happy? He smiled and said this was what he always wanted for me: Just to be happy. We cried and I hugged him and told him he would always be my best friend no matter what, and that was that. Now here I am getting married to Marilyn. I bit my lip and fell backwards onto the bed as I spread my arms out wide and just laid there, a happy mess.

   There was a light rap at the door and I jerked myself up off the bed. "Um who is it?" I called out fixing my hair and flattening out my dress. "You're mommy, dear!" I gasped with happiness and stared at the door. She came?? I ran and opened the door, and stood there was my foster mother. She wore a light blue dress that came a little below the knees with a pair of blue heels. Her hair was curled and she smiled at me. She looked like she had been crying for a while, but tried to hide it with blush and some mascara. Her smile was beginning to look old, and the lines around her mouth only grew wider the longer she looked at me. She was the only foster mother I had that I really loved. She was the only mother figure I had. She was the best one.

   The tears streamed from my eyes as I pulled her towards me to embrace in a warm hug. "You came..." I whispered in hiccups as I cried. "Of course I came! What mother would I be if I didn't come to my daughters wedding? Stunning bachelor you got there," she laughed and hugged me back with her all. I laughed as well and stuffed my face into the crook of her neck. She smelled like flowers and berries. Just like she used to when I was younger. She took me in when I was 14. A year after my parents died, after my first foster mother. Which I wouldn't call her a mother at all...but this woman, my mother, is the closest thing I've had to call a family. Mary and Walter was my family. Walter is my foster Dad, Mary's husband.

    "I love you so much, my beautiful girl..." She said to me. I broke out in another smile and I clutched onto her. She pulled back and wiped my tears. "Alright now. No more tears. You don't want Marilyn to think you're squabbling about him." We laughed as I fixed my makeup and redone my hair. She put her hands on my shoulders and squeezed them and she looked at me. She shook her head with a smile and she took my hand. "Time to go." She said excitedly as we made our way downstairs.