Chapter 12

Liam's POV

It's the morning after I had seen Taylor at the restaurant, and I was suffering the worst hangover in my life. After I got home, I got a text from Niall. He told me that Taylor didn't think we'd ever get back together. I then grabbed a couple beers. By midnight I was passed out on the couch with the bottles all over the couch.

When I woke up, it was because the beer was taking affect. I ran to the bathroom and puked my guts out. I didn't stop until there was nothing left in my stomach.

I stood up and went to get some water. I drank two glasses and then tool aspirin for my massive headache. I ate a quick breakfast and by the time I finished I was pretty much free of the symptoms of a hangover.

I pulled out my phone and saw that I had three new texts. One was from Louis, one was from Zayn, and the last one was from Harry. All of them said the same thing. They wanted to know if I was alright. I texted them back saying that I was fine.

But I really wasn't. I was horrible. I am completely broken. I don't know who I am without Taylor. Yes, I do actually. I'm nothing. She is the part of me I wish I had never lost.

I had to get her back. Even if I spend my whole life trying, I'm getting her back. I decided I needed to see her. I grabbed my car keys and went out to my car. I drove carefully since I was still a little hazy. I pulled into her driveway and stopped at the bottom. I got out just as she walked out. My eyes widened in shock.

Taylor's POV

When I woke up, Niall was gone. I decided to get changed before I went out to the guys. I had changed my pants and was just about put my bra on when my door flung open. I screamed and saw the guys standing there. I quickly covered myself as the guys just stared.

"A little privacy please," I said sheepishly. They snapped out of there trance and closed the door. I quickly finished getting dressed. I opened the door and all the guys were waiting for me. They all blushed when they looked up.

"We're really sorry," Harry apologized.

"It's fine," I told them. "Just knock next time."

"We will," Zayn promised.

"So why did you guys come bursting in anyway?" I asked as we walked into the kitchen.

"Do you know what day it is?" Niall asked.

"Should I?"

"It's December thirteenth," Louis started.

"Your birthday," Harry finished.

It was. I had completely forgotten about it. It didn't seem that important compared to everything else going on in my life.

"So we wanted to make you a birthday breakfast in bed," Niall said.

"You guys don't have to do that," I told them.

"Don't argue," Lou said putting a finger to my lips. I rolled my eyes. I push his finger away.

"Fine, but I'm not eating in bed," I stated. They cheered at their success and began cooking.

I sat down at the table and waited for them to finish. I picked up the magazine from a few months ago on the table. It had a picture of the all guys on it. In one of the captions it said ,"Could Taylor be Liam's one?" I looked at his picture and ran my fingers over it. I had to force myself to put it down.

Two minutes later, the breakfast was done. They had made eggs, bacon, and home fries. We all took some and began eating.

"Thanks guys," I said as I stuffed my mouth with eggs.

"Anything for you Tay," Harry winked and smiled. I smiled back.

After breakfast, we watched a bit of tv until the guys had to leave. I walked them to the door and hugged them goodbye. They each had their cars so they left. All except Harry. He was the last one to make it to the door.

"Happy birthday," he said.

"Thank you," I replied and kissed him on the cheek.

I slowly pulled back and looked him in the eyes as I did. Instead of saying goodbye, I did something that even surprised me. I planted a soft kiss on his lips. I felt him tremble slightly.

"Taylor I know you're hurting right now, so if this doesn't mean anything to you, stop right now. Don't lead me on," he whispered.

He didn't want me to play with him. That meant...

"You have feelings for me?" He took a deep breath.

"I do. But not how it was the first time around. Last time I just wanted you for looks, but not anymore. I'm in love with you. Every part of you. From you smile to your laugh. I love your kindness and generosity, your confidence. Even your insecurities. I love you and all of you."

"That is the sweetest thing anyone has said to me in a really long time," I said. Tears began forming in my eyes and rolling off my cheeks.

Harry took my face in his hands and kissed away my tears. Then, he gently pressed his lips to mine. I kissed him back and our lips moved together. As we kissed, the tears only came harder.

I wasn't sad or upset. I was so thankful. I was thankful to have this amazing guy in my life. It may not have worked out the first time, but he's different now. I know that for a fact.

_________

Guys I'm freaking out right now. This story has over 1K reads!! I can't believe it! I want to thank you guys so much for reading this. I would've never guessed my story would get this far. I love you guys to the moon and back <3

Emily

xoxox

P.S.

Are you #TEAMHARRY or # TEAMLIAM?

Please comment, fan, and vote!