Chem insect (2)

CHAPTER 2

“I am a normal girl from a normal family. I go to a normal school and study normal subjects…” She paused her muttering and glared at the ceiling. “I have normal friends and I have a normal position in the school social ladder.”

She took in a deep breath before yelling, “So, why is this happening to me???” She rolled on the bed so that she was facing the wall, sniffing slightly.

She was at home and yes, she hadn’t gone to school. She was too chicken.

Rose screwed her eyes at the ceiling trying to spot the holes she could usually see but, damn, they weren’t visible now. Why? Because she had left her glasses back in that classroom.

“Argh!” She thumped the pillow in anger. “Damn you Evan Morris! Damn you!”

“Rose?”

She looked up, seeing the outline of her mom against her doorway blearily.

“Mom?” she said sheepishly.

“Why are you shouting so early in the morning?”

“Nothing,” she mumbled. “Sorry.”

Her mother humphed and went on her way down the hall with the laundry.

She dropped her head back into her pillow.

“My life is officially over,” she muttered dejectedly. “Over.”

She spent that day helping her mom with chores. It was a little difficult, because it was hard for her to focus on an object. Therefore, she wore an old pair with less power which made her head ache, but at least, she could see clearly.

Every time the doorbell rang, she would jump out of her skin, already making up excuses on why she didn’t appear to school.

When she looked at herself in the mirror, all she could remember was the way he kissed her. She stared at her lips, hard. Can I see something different in them? Will anyone know I was kissed? She leaned into the bathroom mirror so close that her nose was touching the surface. Ah, doesn’t it look a little swollen? Oh god, swollen! My lips are swollen from kissing!

She felt like crying. How was she going to face him tomorrow? Or anyone for that matter. Maybe she shall skip tomorrow as well. But the nerdy part in her didn't allow that. She had missed one day’s work and couldn’t afford another.

Misery engulfed her for a minute…I was violated by a pervert. Violated by Evan Morris…violated…and then she resurfaced. Idiot! I didn't kiss him did I? He kissed you. And no one will know, except for him. And all I gotta to do is avoid him.

She smiled, plan made. Easy. Hiding from him was going to be easy with the number of students in the school. And she had to make sure she was in company with a group always so that he wouldn’t be able to whish her away. Just in case.

But, when she closed her eyes to sleep that night, all she saw was Evan’s face, the hard uncompromising one, so unlike the cute Evan. The intent in his pale green eyes, the way he trapped her between his arms, his hands sliding across her skin. You could say that she didn't sleep a wink that night.

Next day she went to school early morning, remembering about the fact that Evan’s house was nearby. Perhaps, if she went early, she wouldn’t get caught.