Chapter Six

Chapter Six (Oliver's POV)

I'm not usually a morning person.

I'm always snippy when I wake up and this particular morning wasn't that great to begin with either, so it just made my Saturday a hundred times worse and I was feeling almost homicidal.

Not only did I wake up feeling cold and naturally irritable with a headache behind my eyes, but the space next to me in bed was empty. Nick Cooper had taken off before I had even woken up and a shock of annoyance shot through me as I sat up slowly, rubbing at my eyes to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing.

My fists clenched on the blankets and I grabbed the nearest thing to me, which happened to be a large pillow. I chucked it across the room at the computer and it bounced off harmlessly, landing on the keyboard. I grunted and threw the blankets back, getting up and ready to take Molly to volley ball practice.

Of course it shouldn't surprise me that Nick took off. He's just that type of guy, right? Sleep with the person and run away? Although, it didn't matter how hard I tried to convince myself of Nick's natural habit, I felt a dull, painful throb in my chest as I stood in the shower, the hot water scalding my skin. It didn't hurt as much as the fact that Nick had left without so much as a goodbye.

Maybe I was expecting too much.

Yea, that's it. We weren't a couple or anything like that, so why am I getting so worked up over something this stupid? No wonder Nick called me Barbie Doll. I was acting like a girl.

I took a deep breath and got out, changing into a gray and blue flannel shirt over a Pac-Man t-shirt to match my black jeans. I grabbed my car keys, heading downstairs to hear Molly's voice.

"I didn't do anything! Why do you have to blame me for it?!" Molly was shrieking.

"Who else gets up so damn early in the morning?! You wake up before JESUS does and he wakes up pretty damn early!" Anya's voice returned angrily. I rolled my eyes and walked into the kitchen to see Molly on her feet, wearing her volley ball uniform and pointing at the side door that was wide open.

Oh my God. Nick, you idiot.

"Ollie," Molly whined as soon as she saw me, whirling to face me and now pointing at Anya, "She's blaming me for the door! What if someone's in our house or robbed us or something?! She thinks I did it!" Anya rolled her eyes, gulping her coffee.

Anya was like me when it came to mornings. Cranky and bitter and in serious need of caffeine. Her normally braided hair was in loose, tangled bun with strands hanging in her face, her blue eyes glinting like a cat's. She was wearing an over-sized two-colored t-shirt and shorts for her pajamas.

"No offense, but who would dare rob us? Dad's like King Kong, only better looking. The only time someone would even try to rob us if he wasn't here, and he was here all night and he just left an hour ago. Why do you think I'm awake? That jerk woke me up." She grunted, setting her coffee down and folding her arms over her chest.

"It might've been dad," I offered, walking across the kitchen to close the door, but not before taking a quick peek to make sure everything was safe outside, "He probably left on the Harley or something."

"Or we could have a rapist murderer in our house." Molly grimaced.

"Because that happens all the time." Anya drawled sarcastically. I smirked and Molly rolled her eyes, throwing her hands up before glaring at me.

"Take me to practice, jerkface." She commanded.

"No please?" I asked. Molly gave me the finger before snatching her bag up off the chair nearby, heading to the foyer to get her shoes on. I looked at Anya, who was cocking a brow at me.