Be my girlfriend?

Chapter 10: Be My Girlfriend?...

Renae's Pov

I took my sister by the hand upstairs to talk to her about what I just witnessed. I know what she'll do though. The same thing we do in trouble. Sort of like our motto.

DENY DENY DENY.

I can't wait to hear this explanation.

I rushed into her room and jumped onto her bed.

"Spill. Now!"

"Spill what? There's nothing to tell."

See what I mean?

"Jacquline, I just walked through the door to find your lips a centimeter from his! You can't deny it!"

"I can and I do!"

"Fine Jackie."

"He gave me a nickname."

"He did what?"

"Gave me a nickname."

GASP!

"What's the nickname?"

"J."

I watched as my sister looked down and blushed. That was such a great nickname, why didn't I ever think of that.

"Oh my gosh! That's so cute! Okay anyway we need to pack all of our stuff."

"What? Why?!"

"We need to leave. When we have our stuff done Tav will fill you in on what happened."

"Okay well open the door that connects our room so you can tell me about your date."

As I walked out of her room into mines I opened the connecting door and started telling her about the date. How his smile made me happy. How the waitress was so friendly. Leaving out the details about the men who approached us and Daviee finally confirming that he and his brother are in fact vampires.

Zipping up my last duffel bag, I looked over to see David walking into my room.

"Hey beautiful."

"Hey, Hey." I smiled and blushed at his hello.

"So, uh, I kind of forgot to ask you this while we were in the woods so uhm." he paused and rubbed the back of his neck in a nervous way. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

I smiled and looked down. Looking up his six foot frame I gazed into his eyes. I'm not one for simple answers. I'm just a complicated girl I guess. Instead of saying yes, or nodding I leaned up and kissed him slowly.

And now I'm going to sound cheesy but I swear as he kisses back the butterflies erupted in my tummy and the sparks flew in the air.

Unfortunately the moment was ruined by Jackie standing in the open connecting door hooting and hollering. I pulled away blushing and giggling like a school girl and David just smiled down at me. I swear I saw nothing but love in his eyes. I backed away from him and reached for my duffel bag. Though it wasn't there when I turned around. Rotating so I was facing David again I glared at him.

"No fair David. You can't use super naturals on me! And I can carry my bags."

"It's okay love, I'll carry them. Taveon has already gotten Jackie's and is packing the car. C'mon"

He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room with him. This time I grabbed the hand rail while I trotted down the stairs. I followed David out the door hurriedly as I had that feeling again. Like someone was watching us. I would think I was going crazy, but the warning David gave me in the woods about running told me otherwise.

"David... I'm gett-"

"I know, I feel it too. Archedilles must have people watching us."

"David how will-"

"Don't say anything." he gave me a look that said to stay quiet for the safety of us all.

He packed my two duffel bags quickly and jumped into the car as I buckled up in my seat. Pulling off quickly with Tav and Jackie in the backseat, David told me about Archedilles.

"The reason we are all of a sudden up and leaving is because we are being watched. Who is watching us you may ask, well the answer to that is Archedilles. He is the enemy of our home. Our family. At first when he met us he was nice and helped us through the transformation. But after a while he became cruel to us. He started to treat us like his own personal slaves; beating Taveon and I, yelling at us, making us do any and everything he wanted. He even had us going out and killing people just because they owed him money or he wanted them dead.

He was my dad's best friend and advisor. After 3 years we had had enough of it so we expelled him one night when he got back from a job. He's been gone for 4 years now, but now he's back and I'm pretty sure it's not to give us a 'hey hello how are you?'. He wants to kill us and most likely anyone close to us if necessary, including you girls."

David's hand on the steering wheel was turning white from holding it so tight so I grabbed his free hand and held it squeezing it, silently telling him to calm down.

"But we'll be damned if anything happens to either of you."

~~~~~~~

- Syko