Chapter 12

And on the strike of the second month, the twelfth chapter was up.

She had taken great time,

But the editing is fine.

But lend me your eyes if we be friends;

And I, The Writer, shall make amends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(If you want a recap, I suggest reading the last chapter. That's what I always do)

-Jesse's POV-

The first assumption I made when I heard that voice behind me was that it was Jason.

If that was correct, I believe he would have broken up with me with resent, thinking he couldn't keep me away from mate. He would then probably be quite.. down, and we would've lost our friendship. Maybe he would be devastated and might feel lonely because he hasn't found his.

Yeah well... I was wrong.

'Yeah, Christan's her mate' Vanessa replied to the person behind me. I spun round, afraid of who I would see.

Hands in his ripped jean pockets, a beanie covering most of his jet black hair, stood Nicholas. Vanessa's mate.

'Woah! Really? He didn't tell me that! Hey how come you guys havent-' He stopped his sentence due to Vanessa punching him in the arm. Nicholas turned to give a "What was that for?" look to Ness. She glared at him in return.

A moment later, he made an "O" with his mouth in realization.

He turned to me and opened his mouth to speak, but I stopped him before he could say a word.

'Tell anyone or anything and you're lower regions wont be existant in the morning' I warned. He just burst out laughing.

'I know, I guessed as much. My lips are sealed'

*

Little arms wrapped themselves around my legs, making me look down and smile. I picked her up, Val's head immediately going on my shoulder.

'Thankyou, nobody ever bought me clothes' She said.

'Anything for my little girl' I hugged her tighter, her arms wrapping themselves around my neck.

We had just been shopping for Val's clothes, and everything else she might need. You should have seen her! She was gushing at everything, and was trying to get us to not buy her so much. She was quite humble. Turns out her "fashion" is like mine, it consists of hoodies and skinny jeans, pretty much anything comfortable. There were 2 sundresses for special occasions, but she really did hate them.

Apparently she only had 2 dresses in her last home. Only two dresses.

Thankfully she doesn't need bra's or anything yet, or it might've been a bit awkward. I'm not too great when it comes to clothes, especially lingere. Whatever Valerie would gush at I would get for her, but if it came to lingere.. I would be clueless like her. Christan helped her with buying the dresses.

Yeah, he invited himself.

It was just supposed to be Hannah, Val and I (cause Vanessa would've bought the whole of Pumpkin Patch) but he gave me the whole speech on:

"She's my daughter too blah blah blah I deserve to come blah blah blah Dont want any skank clothing on my girl blah blah blah You cant drive legally yet etc etc"

So Hannah didn't come, because she didn't want to intrude on a "family moment".

Did Christan seriously think I would dress her up like a skank?