Chapter 1

-Jesse's POV-

'Oh God, I look so fat!'

'No, you don't' I rolled my eyes at my mother, who was holding her breath as she watched the mirror with a frown.

'What will Theo think? What if he doesnt want to marry me Jess!?!' She exclaimed frantically, making me laugh.

'Of course he'll marry you, he loves you. Besides, look at you-' I said, putting my hands on her shoulders.

I made her face the mirror. She looked straight into her dark blue eyes, her flowing white wedding dress showing off her amazing figure.

'Your beautiful Mum' I smiled, tucking a strand of her dark brown hair behind her ear. She smiled, kissing me on the cheek.

Her cherry red lipstick left a visible mark on my cheek, making me glad to know I wasn't wearing makeup.

'If I'm supposed to be stunning, then I'm not sure what you are' My mum, Bethany Hadley laughed.

She swapped our places, so her hands were on my shoulders as I looked in the mirror. I hardly looked like my mum, with my features like my deceased father. I had golden brown eyes, far away from my mothers sharp blue ones. 

The flair pale blue dress I was wearing was pretty, I admit. My brown hair was tied up in a low ponytail with a pale blue ribbon, blue flats on my feet. It was awfully simple, yet pretty. Overall, I'd say I looked like a cross between Cinderella before and during the ball.

'Thanks Mum' I smiled, someone knocking at the door.

'Girls! Its time to go!' My best friend, Vanessa poked her head through the door.

She was acting as a bridesmaid as well, although the angel look didn't work too well on her. Imagine an angel with electric red and purple hair, cut into a punk sort of style. Add some dark piercing black eyes, with an everpresent smirk on her face too.

Yeah I wouldn't imagine her as an angel either.

'Thanks Nessy' I smirked. She frowned at me, while giving me a death glare.

She hates that name and we both know it.

Ness and I have been best friends since kindergarten, and honestly I dont know how we've stuck together this long. We are completely different.  And by completely different, I mean exact OPPOSITES.

We argue over almost every topic because we both always have different opinions, different styles, a difference on everything.

But the fact is, there's no one I'd rather be my best friend than her.

I led my nervous mother downstairs, holding her train of white cloth so it wouldn't drag on the floor. I couldn't help but feel a wave of sadness wash over me as I stepped outside of the house.

This was our pack house, but since there's only four of us, we're all migrating to the "Silver Moon" pack. I've never met Theodore, my to-be-stepfather, but what better day to meet a man than on his wedding day?

The car ride was eerily silently, the only sound being mum tapping her knee nervously. Vanessa and I didn't want to talk out loud, so we decided to be quiet about it.

"What do you think he'll be like?" I asked her through mindlink.

"Hopefully not an alpha, for your sake" She replied, letting me agree silently.

In case you haven't figured it out by now, we're werewolves.

Most humans dont know about us, as we live in harmony with them. Some humans though, dont like the thought of supernatural beings and try to wipe us out. There's also the occasional pack wars and fights, meaning there always has to be warrior wolves ready and onguard around the borders of our territoried land.