three.

"So when did you decide to come back?" Britt asks me as she picks up her glass of lemonade and takes a sip of it. 

She had gotten home not long after the reunion of me and Josh. The greeting with her basically went something along the lines of;

"Oh my holy jesus what the freak are you doing here!? I spoke to you like two days ago!???" 

And then there was lots of screaming and hugging. 

"Literally only last week." I answer, "Being in Melbourne was bringing back so many memories of Jess and I was trying to carry on like normal, but I decided I wanted to come back. I missed everyone." 

"Well I'm so glad you did" Josh smiles, "because I know for a fact everyone missed you too." He wraps his arm around my shoulder and kisses my cheek. I feel myself turn red. 

"When do you start back?" Britt asks, "At school I mean." 

"Um I believe tomorrow actually." I laugh. 

"Oh no way!" 

I nod, "So what's been going on here?" I ask. "Missed anything?" 

"Britt got a scholarship into a sports school in Arizona." Andy states. 

My mouth drops, "Holy shit! No freaking way! I'm so proud of you B." 

"Thanks, but I'm not sure if I'm going yet." she replies. 

I look at her stunned, "What do you mean? Why not?" 

"I just don't know if I'm ready to leave and be on my own. I mean, Arizona is so far away from here." 

"But imagine the opportunities you will get from that. Britt, I really think you should go." 

She looks down and nods. Something was holding her back, but I couldn't pin point just yet what it was. 

Andy, Leah and Britt engage in a conversation. Josh takes a hold of my hand which causes me to turn to him and smile. He motions for me to get up, so I do and I follow him back into his bedroom. We lay down on his bed, his arm tightly around me while I still kept a hold of his hand. Josh kisses my forehead and the room falls silent until I speak. 

"You know, I thought about you everyday while I was in the hospital." I say, "I'm so sorry I didn't call you while I was there." 

Josh sighs, "Bella, I understand why you didn't. I mean, you were working on yourself and that was your number one priority. Don't be sorry." 

"But, I know how much you've must have been worrying and I shouldn't have let you get to that point!" 

I feel Josh shake his head, "I was okay. Of course I was worrying.. But, nothing I couldn't handle. I occupied my self." 

"What, by dropping out of school early and constantly going to my house and sitting in my room for hours upon hours?" 

His heart beats faster, "You know about that?" 

"Josh of course I know about that, my brothers kept me updated the whole time." 

He sighs and looks down to the ground, "I should have come to Australia to see you, make sure you were doing okay." 

He was genuinely disappointed in himself and it absolutely killed me. "Josh, it's fine. 

*     *     *

"So you have to  keep this  a secret." I say to Britt as I prepare to leave. 

"Oh easy! Text me later." she grins and hugs me tightly. 

"Haha okay." 

I'm left standing at the front door with Josh. He leads me outside while we wait for Beau to arrive and pick me up. 

"I still can't believe you're back." He smiles. 

"It's really great to be back." I return the smile. I look at the ground and speak again, "I'm sorry I dropped contact with you for so long..." 

Josh puts his hand to my chin and lifts it up, "Don't be sorry. You needed time to work on yourself. I understand." I smile at him again. 

"How are you by the way? Like in that sense." He was cautious when he spoke, making sure he didn't say the wrong thing. 

I think about the question. I hadn't really been able to dwell on how I was. I stop thinking and look back at him, "I think I'm okay. I mean the last few months have been really really great. Despite still struggling with the loss of Jess, no bad thoughts have really occurred. The therapy sessions I had to attend every week really helped." 

"What are you going to do now? Like with therapy?" 

I sigh, "Well part of the deal for me to come back, Mum said I had to ask one of the boys to get me into counselling. I agreed, but I haven't asked them yet." 

"Make sure you do." He says. I look at him confused. He realises his words, "Not because you need it or because you're crazy or anything. I just mean that it will be good for you. I mean if it helped you in Australia and you said it was good for you it will obviously be good for you here. Well not obviously, but like, uh." he scratches his head. 

I let out a chuckle and kiss his lips, "I know Josh. Don't stress." 

He smiles with relief, "I just want you to be happy."

"So do I." I say, "And now that I have you back, that's all I can be." 

Josh leans in to kiss me when all of a sudden a car horn is heard. I roll my eyes. Brothers always ruining the moment. 

Josh stands up and offers his hand to me, which I gladly take. He walks me to the car and stops before letting me get in. 

He kisses my lips, "I love you." 

I smile, "I love you too." 

"Alright you two, get a room!" Beau nags from the car. 

"Well we would have, but you turned up." 

Beau rolls his eyes, "Come on, we're going out for dinner." 

I groan, "Bro, I just got here. I'm hella tireddddd." 

"Not my problem." Beau shrugs. 

"It will be when she comes home later all grumpy." Josh remarks. 

I hit his arm, "Hey!" 

I roll my eyes and kiss Josh's lips one more time before getting into the car, smiling genuinely and feeling overly happy for what felt like the first time in months...

*  *  *  *  *

MORNING/AFTERNOON/EVENING KIDS! 

Here's the third chapter for you all! Continue to leave feedback for me guys, I love you all so much! 

I hope you're having a really wonderful day wherever you are in the world as you read this. Smile always! 

- Sarah xo