prologue

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Mum asks as we stand in Melbourne airport.

I nod and take a breath, "Yep. I have to go back at some point."

"You're strong enough?"

"I believe so. There's no need to worry Mum! I'm gonna be fine! I get to see Josh again and Andy and Britt and Dustin and the boys" I say, "Everything will be fine!"

Mum sighs, "Okay, but the first sign of trouble, please come home."

"I will! I have to go now Mum" I throw my arms around her, "I love you."

"I love you too honey" She lets go of me, "Ring me when you get to your brothers."

"I will! Bye Mum!" I wave her off as I turn around and walk towards the gate to board my plane.

It was currently October. I had just chosen to go back to America. Mum wasn't very happy with my choice, but she let me have my way as long as I still attended school

"I want want at least one of my children to graduate school." she had previously said.

"Beau graduated?" I laughed at her want.

"Yeah, but you can do better." so basically I had no choice.

I decided about a week ago I wanted to go back to LA. So Mum pulled me out of Penola, got in contact with East Valley and then it was all settled.  None of the boys knew I was coming. Neither did Josh. I was going to surprise them all.

After months and months of trying to carry on like normal, I couldn't deal with the stress of it walking those same hallways jess once walked and the memories that we had shared and decided I needed to put my mental health first and going back to LA was the best option for me.

So now, here I stand in line waiting to board my plane to LA. I give my ticket to the lady, "Have a good flight Miss Brooks" She smiles politely.

I walk through to the plane and find my seat, taking a deep breath as I stare out the window. I hadn't been on a plane since last year and, this time, I wasn't crying, I was feeling fresh and stable.

The safety instructions start and I prepare myself for the 14 hour flight ahead of me.

* * *

*14 hours later*

LA. I was back. The fresh air hit my face as I stepped out of the airport. I holla for a taxi and thankfully get one basically straight away.

"Studio City please" I tell the driver the rest of the address before he punches it into the GPS and drives off.

I take in the scenery around me as we drive to my destination. Butterflies were forming in my stomach as I felt myself getting closer and closer to the house. As we drove, thoughts of last year came rushing into my mind. I couldn't believe the last time I was here was when I had found out the news on Jess.

I shook the thoughts out of my head when the driver asks me a question, "What brings you to LA love?"

"Oh I'm visiting my brothers, they live here." I reply.

"Is that an Australian accent?"

I nod, "Yeah."

"Where from in Australia?"

"Melbourne" I answer.

"Ahh, heard good things about that place, is it nice?"

"It's wonderful" i smile.

Before I know it, the taxi is pulling up at the top of those familiar gates. My heart began pounding so hard knowing my brothers weren't far away.

I pay the driver and he helps me with my suitcase before he drives away, leaving me at the top of the gate all alone.

I take a deep breath before walking over to the gate and typing in the all too familiar code. I watch the gate open before my eyes and I begin to roll my suitcase down the steep drive way. So many memories started rushing into my head and I couldn't help but smile.

I approach the front door, heart ready to burst out of my chest at any moment. I raise my hand slowly to the doorbell and carefully press the button. I breathe out hesitantly.

"Luke get the door! It's probably Beau!" I hear someone shout. I believe the voice belonged to Jai.

The butterflies in my stomach grew larger when I heard the footsteps get closer and closer. The door handle twists and the door swings open.

My brothers mouth drops open and he's left speechless.

"Hey brother" I smile with tears in my eyes, "It's been a while."

***** -------- *****
GUESS WHO'S BACK!!!!!!!!!

I present to you, the third book of the 'Being a Brooks' series!!!
It's taken a lot of thought for me to decide whether I should publish a third book and I think this is the right thing to be doing.

I hope you guys will enjoy this book as much as I will enjoy writing it. I will try to post at least once every two weeks, sometimes it will be every three, depending on school.

But yeah, here's the third book you guys. I hope I can do it justice.

- Sarah xo