I:IV

It had been a few hours since the accident with Amanda, Diana figured sometime around noon. It was lunch time but she already brought food from home - stuff that actually had taste. The other reason she was in the isolated place (not even a librarian was there) was to finish a project that was due at the end of the day. She had, unfortunately, come in the middle of the project and the teacher insisted she still do it, all why having 2 weeks instead of the normal 5 and put up to high expectations. Contrary to popular belief, she actually liked the teacher, the woman put heavy weight on the girl but she liked that. 

     The heavy oak doors opened and Diana noticed the familiar shade of blonde hair. Despite how much she claimed to hate Peter, she found herself waving at the boy. While she questioned her own actions she almost didn't notice the four other boys that entered the library, all with hostile expressions. Realizing none of them had actually seen her yet she took the opportunity and hid behind a solid bookshelf. 

     "I told you to stop making me look like an idiot? I guess candyasses like you can't understand that." the burliest one said, shoving Peter backwards into a table.

     The blonde scoffed, clearly not caring about the boys, "Says the one that needs 3 of his friends around him at all times." 

     This made the boy angry, and he brought a heavy fist down onto Peter's face. Diana contemplated letting the situation resolve, but he might have ended up in a hospital by then. Taking a deep breath she stepped from behind the bookshelf, "Leave him alone assholes!" 

     All of the boys turned their attention to her, even Peter who smirked at the girl's appearance. 

     "This doesn't concern you bitch!" one of the boys yelled, making the teenager's mouth form a scowl. 

     "Call me a bitch one more time." she challenged, as another smiled.

     "Stupid. Bitch."

     Already planning it, Diana stepped forward as if to try and fight them, but the ground only started to shake. Everyone looked at each other in confusion before the shaking got progressively worse, and the four boys ran out of the library in a flash. Diana only grabbed Peter by the hand and sat underneath a table, placing her hand onto the ground and stopping the miniature earthquake at a random time. 

     "What the hell was that?" the blonde boy asked, making Diana turn towards him.

     She immediately noticed his busted lip, "I have no idea but we need to fix your face." 

     The two got up from underneath the table and Peter dusted his pants off. Diana noticed a large gash on the side of his face.

     He shrugged, "As long as it isn't the nurse's office." 

     "Why not?" she asked, looking up at the boy. 

     "Don't wanna worry my mom." 

     Diana made him sit on a table as she rummaged through her purse for her sewing kit, "Didn't peg you for a mama's boy Maximoff." 

     "She's all I have," he countered, smiling at her until she pulled out a needle and thread, along with tissues and alcohol. "Why do you have all that?" 

     "When I was 9 years old some boys thought it'd be funny to throw a glass bottle at me. I got glass shards stuck in my shoulder and couldn't get any help until I got home, so I carry strange things around all the time." the raven-haired teen explained, looking up to find him staring at her with pity. 

     "Back to our conversation, what about your dad?" 

     Peter paused before wincing as she cleaned his cut with a alcohol soaked tissue, "Deadbeat. Never even met the guy. What about your family?" 

     "Single mom, she doesn't know who my dad is. The struggle of the pre-60s." she said with a smile, grabbing the needle and thread. 

     Peter's expression turned serious as he realized that they had more in common than either of them cared to share. He seemed to be realizing a lot lately, like how a random earthquake erupted out of nowhere when Diana decided to stand up for him. Or how she always seemed to smile when she came up with a witty comeback, "I guess we have pretty strong moms." 

     It was time for the girl to scoff, "You have no idea..." 

     "Huh?" 

     She shook her head and motioned towards his mouth, "Nothing, just that your lip is busted." 

     It was a while before he said anything, only looked down at the girl as she waited for him to say something. Her lips pursed together and he couldn't help but look down at them. They looked soft, that was for sure, "Guess we're going to have to fix that."

     Diana noticed his tone and his look but she didn't mind for the time being. She did notice, however, how she was practically in between his legs while she helped him. Clearing her throat she stepped back and nervously tossed her braids over her shoulder, "You're gonna need some ice. I can get some from the teacher's lounge."

     She went to leave until Peter stopped her, claiming he's fast. He proved it after coming back with an ice pack in 15 seconds, shocking Diana, who didn't know he could be much faster. 

     "How'd you-" 

     "I told you, I'm fast." 

     The girl rolled her eyes, "Shut up and put that on your lip before you need another for your eye."

     Peter only laughed and sat on the table once more, his smile fading along with Diana's, "Go to Amanda's party with me." 

     The request caught the girl off guard, and she sent him a funny glance, "You asking me on a date Maximoff?" 

     The boy shrugged, "No, I might want to be social for once, just not alone."

     The sophomore thought for a moment before agreeing to go. This made a loud laugh erupt from the senior's chest, confusing her. She was quick to assume he was only kidding which pissed her off easily. She began packing her things up before sending him a glare. 

      "The hell are you laughing for?" 

     "A week ago you said you didn't like me Ross, now you're going to a party with me. It's kind of hilarious."

     Diana was angry with herself for being so hostile, but blew it off with a playful scoff, "I'll see you at the party Maximoff." 

{Word Count: 1079}

I really love them together oops? Also sense some sexual tension???????? Sorry for the short chapter, I'm trying to get as many chapters out of the first part as I can, and that means making them shorter. 

Anyways, see y'all next update.