Chapter Three

Alyssa

I woke up to the feeling na parang nabibiyak ulo ko. I checked the time and shit! 2:03 na and I have an appointment to attend to at 3pm. I got up from the bed only to find out that it makes my headache worse.

Ugh! Ano Ly? Iinom ka pa?

I helped myself up once again, carefully this time.

I saw a note on my bedside table from the person I last expected to drive me home.

Ly, I cooked you food. Eat them and take the meds I prepared.
I want you to know that I cancelled your appointment today and rest. I also texted Den last night that you'd go home early.

I checked my phone after reading the note and true enough, she texted Den and my manager.

I went to the kitchen to check what she cooked. Hmm, pork humba. Kumalam tuloy tiyan ko.

I ate what she cooked and after how many minutes, naubos ko na niluto nya. Grabe, sarap!

***
I arrived at the venue for a project earlier than the call time. This is the project that she cancelled. I am just sitting silently when my manager approached me.

"Ly!"

"Po?"

"There are slight changes."

"What changes po?"

"They agreed to get you a partner for the commercial. Is it okay with you?"

"Okay lang po. Who's my partner anyway? Is it a he? Or she?"

"It's she."

"Oww. An ALE member, right?"

"I'm sorry, but she's not."

"From what school?"

"She's from-" I didn't hear my manager's answer because my attention was caught by the lady who just entered the place and as usual, eating.

Shit! I cursed under my breath. Of all people, why her?

"Ly..."

"Mika..."