4.6

"Um," I stutter, "You don't think what?" She clears her throat and raises her eyebrows, "I don't think this... man will stay here while we pack up your things. We can find a motel for you." She then turns to Andy with an icy glare, "Leave."

Andy opens up his mouth to speak, but I decide to step in before he says something he doesn't mean to, "Mom," I say it with a smile, a smile out of fear, of course, "This is my boyfriend Andy." She laughs, "You're kidding me right? My Scarlet would never put up with such a thing. Also, I'm not exactly sure what you're wearing, so you will have to change before we leave."

"She's not kidding," Andy says while standing up and removing his sunglasses, "and she's actually moving in with me. You don't have to worry about a motel" My mother laughs and it sends chills down my spine, so I nervously join in the laughter while Andy looks at me with the what-do-you-think-you're-doing glare. Truth is, I don't really know. "You silly kids and your pranks." She finally says. "Kids?" Andy fires, "Do I look like a fucking kid?" My mother's somewhat lighthearted mood seems to disappear in an instant, "Scarlet, get your things. We are leaving." I walk over to Andy and he wraps his arm around me, "Told you." A devilish smirk plays across his face. If and is like fire to my gasoline, with my mother, things will be all the more lethal. "I thought you were more than that." She says with an emotion I can't exactly read, a mix of anger and disappointment. "I don't know what you mean by that." I say with my chin up. I don't find being with Andy, in any way, putting myself down.

"Scarlet," she begins, "you're not embarrassed to be seen with this man out in public? Do you know the likely terror he brings to little kids with all of the holes in his face, pointless markings? What about your kids?" My lips form a flat line, Andy and I haven't even discussed kids. It's too early on.

"That won't be a problem. We won't have kids." He states. I feel a slight pierce in my heart, but now is not the time to be worrying about kids.

"Not like I expected it." She rolls her eyes at him and turns her short, stubby self to me. "One day," Her eyes dig into mine, shooting ice into my veins, "you will get tired of his selfish games, his hookups, the constant cycle of pain. You'll regret it all. When you do, don't come crawling to me. You'll get no help from me at all. None. Don't even try. I don't want to hear any of it, and I won't-" 

"That's good because you won't be hearing anything like that." Andy grabs my hand and pulls me behind him, almost like a protective shield. "Also," Andy clears his throat with a wide smile. He begins approaching my mom and she begins to back out of the broken door, cursing him and threatening him if he touched her. "I'll be sure that she definitely remembers that while she's screaming my name in our bed, alright?" I gasp and cover my mouth. There is no way he just told my mother that...

By this time my mother is infuriated, her cheeks red , and Andy simply shuts the door in her face. To my surprise, she doesn't try to fight her way through the barrier. 

He turns to me laughing, "Well, that went better than expected." I huff in exasperation, "'Better?'  What were you expecting? My mother just..." I trail off and shake my head, "You know what, never mind. Let's just get my things and get the hell out of here." He shrugs as if the whole situation is nothing and sits on the bed as I quickly gather my things. So many thoughts are racing through my mind.

"Are you going to help?" My patience snaps and finally ask Andy. His eyes widen, "Well, I thought if I helped you, you would get mad at me for doing things wrong. You know how you are." I bite my cheek and turn back to what I'm doing. 

He's right.

"Damned if I do, damned if I don't." He mutters.

I ignore his smart mouth and pad back to my closet to get the remainder of my clothes. What if my mom is right? Am I already tired of his constant bickering? His need to argue back with every single thing I say? I should have thought this through. This isn't going to work. What if something goes wrong? I have nowhere to run to. All I can hope is that Andy continues trying to fix himself and that I keep my patience with him. What about our kids? He said that we won't have kids. I never realized that I may actually want to be a mother until he said that. I know I'm young, but it's still an idea for the future. My heart swells at a dark haired, blue eyed boy running around with Andy. He would be so artistic, so creative. He would be a piece of art himself. Andy and I wait in loud silence for Dani to return, but she never does. I'll have to call her later. I'm sure she's just staying with Mark.

After that, Andy helps me carry all of my things to my car, I follow him to a small restaurant for us to grab something to eat before we go to his house. I watch as he walks inside the restaurant and I turn my car off. It's not like I expected him to wait for me...

I walk in just as he turns around to come get me, "I was wondering where you were." He chuckles. "Yeah. So was I." I retort. He lifts a sharp eyebrow at me and opens his mouth, only to be interrupted, "Right this way, sir." 

As soon as we sit he puts his elbows on the table, lacing his fingers together. I pretend I don't see him and examine my menu, "Why aren't you talking?" He asks me. "Why aren't you talking?" I return the question. "Is it your mom? She's a bitch." He says. I glare up at him "Are you not aware of the things you said?" 

"Oh, the truth?" He asks while looking back at his menu, and I wish I could slap the smart look off of his face. 

"About kids... About so many-"

"Scarlet, do you really think that I want your kids?" He asks.

-

Hello! Sorry it's been so long since I updated! I'm on break now, so there should be more soon :)

Let me know what you imagine happening or what you want to happen! 

16 votes/comments for another update :)

love you guys and sorry for the wait!! x

-e. xx