4.4

I wake up from my nap in the late after finals feeling more exhausted than when I went to sleep. Now agitated, grab my phone off of my small bedside dresser to see no texts or missed calls from Andy. I shrug it off with a huff and sit up, immediately grabbing my head and crumbling over in pain. I've been needing to see a doctor about all of the strange headaches I've been having lately, but I haven't really had the chance to actually schedule an appointment and go.

I lay back down and take a deep breath before attempting to sit up again; it isn't much better this time. I get up anyways and eventually find some medicine somewhere hoping that it gives me some form of relief.

The thought sets in that I'm finally done with school. Now I can start the rest of my life. For some strange reason, my stress and anxiety hasn't lifted. Maybe that's because I haven't seen any of my final scores yet. I also need to find a job and somewhere to stay in the next two weeks. The school is letting my stay in my dorm for a short time until I can get some stuff going on my own. But my inspection date is already set, so I have very limited time.

After my shower, I grab my phone again to read a text from Andy that he's on his way. The door suddenly opens and Andy steps in. "Well, damn." He laughs as I glare at him, "You look awful. Were finals that bad?" I roll my eyes. He always seems to make such a grand entrance, but I have to admit, he looks good today. His white shirt is fitting him tighter than usual making the dark ink show through even more than it did originally. Who knew that I would turn out to be a tattoo girl? How wasn't I before? He's wearing his black jeans and all black converse, the signature look that I call "Andy."

"No, it's not finals. They were actually pretty okay today. Sometimes I just get really bad headaches. I woke up from a nap and my head was killing me. How was your work?" He dodges my question, "Headaches? Like migraines?" I run my hand through my damp hair, "I don't know, honestly. I've been meaning to make an appointment with the doctor, but I haven't. I just took some Tylenol and took a shower." His eyes rake my body, "I can see that. Have you eaten?" I shake my head. My stomach grumbles on cue and I feel my face burn up. Andy raises his eyebrows, "Clearly. Let's go get something. Maybe it will help your head." I'm not sure how getting food will help my head, but I choose not to say that. I'd rather not start an argument with my head already hurting.

"Andy, I don't even have a bra on." He smiles devilishly, "More entertainment for me." He jingles his car keys and opens the door for me. I sigh in defeat and tip toe out of the room as he follows.

As we drive along, Andy places his hand on my thigh, "I missed you, baby." The use of the nickname sends excited chills down my spine. He really isn't one to use pet names. I can only recall him using one once. "I saw you just last night."

"Did you miss me?" He asks.

"Of course I did." How could he even ask me that?

"Say it." He practically begs me. "I missed you, Andy." He lets out a breath, of relief, I assume. He smiles and squeezes my thigh causing me to squirm. "So, what do you want?" He asks me. "Fast food. I'm not really fit to get down anywhere."

"How about I get down and get us a quick pizza?" I frown, "Pizza always makes me feel sick. I think there's a gourmet salad place downtown we can maybe go to?" I suggest. "How about we do both? I'm not really one for green things, maybe a few, but not a whole bowl of leaves." I laugh at his childish behavior, "I didn't bring my purse to pay. I'm sorry."

"Don't worry, I've got plenty."

We soon arrive back at my dorm. Andy watches me in disgust after commenting how I put strawberries in my salad with ranch on top. Fresh strawberries in my salad are my absolute favorite. I try to reason with him that it isn't that bad, but he doesn't listen.  He seemed to point out that I must have a strange obsession with strawberries, considering that my shampoo is also strawberry. "Try it! I swear it's good." I squeak while trying to hand him a strawberry on my white plastic fork. He shakes his head rapidly, "No. That's awful. How could you do that?" I laugh, and he joins in, only because of how hand I'm laughing. "Awful? You just ate a whole freaking pizza!" He smiles playfully, "That's a completely different topic, back off. Health freak over here puts ranch on her strawberries. I bet you put ranch on your pizza, too, don't you?"

I mock him, "That's a completely different topic, back off." He tries to hide it, but his amusement clearly paints itself across his face. He is such a work of art. I love to be the paintbrush that can pain all of his bright emotions. "You're a fucking smart ass, Scarlet. You know that?" I smile back at him as his eyes glisten at me. I love to see him like this, playful and free. It's much better than the usual closed off Andy who never speaks to anyone. "Mm-hmm.." I hum back while eating a strawberry. He gags to himself while I giggle quietly.

"Dani should be back tomorrow. Have you heard from her?" Andy asks me, but I shake my head, "I actually haven't. Not a single word. I hope things are okay. I know how panicked and stressed she was." He nods in agreement as I yawn.

"I thought you napped?" I sniffle as my eyes water from exhaustion. Finals drained me a lot more than I thought they would. "I did." He examines my face for a while. "What?" I ask him. "You're just so cute when you're sleepy." He explains.

"What?"

He looks embarrassed, "I don't know. I just find some things you do cute. Some things." 

I can tell that he's really trying to work on his kindness, which is for sure the biggest compliment of all.

-

first of all, I LOVE YOU GUYS! i could not thank you all enough for your amazing, constant support! thank you for all of the comments and votes, especially sharing this story with your friends!! 15 votes and 15 comments for another chapter! xx

//emma//