Weekend Drama (Saturday)

Saturday morning, Zeus woke up at quarter to eight. He looked at the clock then jumped to his feet. He ran into the closet grabbing the first shirt and jeans that he found in there. He put on his shirt while going to the living room and pulling up his pants. There he found Poseidon and Hades just sitting down slowly eating breakfast.

                “I can’t believe you guys didn’t wake me u-” Zeus stumbled with his pants and falling face first into the floor.

                Poseidon and Hades chuckled.

                “You guys are the worse” Zeus muttered as he found his way back into his feet his pants finally reaching his waist.

                “Calm down, lil’ bro.” Poseidon said “It’s Saturday. No school”

                “Oh.” Zeus said. “Then why in the world did I wake up.”

                “That is not our problem.” Hades said with a smirk. “Come on. Have some breakfast. Then we can figure out what we’re going to do with the next two days.”

                The doorbell rang.

                “Any of you know who would be coming this early in the morning.” Hades asked as Poseidon went to open the door.

                “Yeah, me!” Allison said stepping into the apartment, slightly unannounced and unfazed by the gods’ look at her.

                “What are you doing here?”

                “Well, I’m sure you guys don’t have any plans.” She said then rummaging into her bag. She brought out some CDs. “So I brought some stuff that you guys might like.”         

“How are you awake this early?”

“After camp, I’m always up as soon as the sun comes up.” She said as if it were all obvious. “I’ve been up for hours

“How did you know we’d be here?”

“You don’t know?” Allison said raising an eyebrow. “This is like the safe house for demigods. Many demigods live here. No monsters can get in here. It was Will told me that this was built by some of the older demigods. Those who left camp for college. John, the head counselor of the Hermes Cabin way back when Luke Castellan was still a kid in camp, owns this building. He and Sam, the head counselor for the Hephaestus cabin, built this building for those demigods who chose to go to school. It’s been blessed by Hermes, after Luke died.”

“How do you know this?”

“It’s part of the curse and the perks of having a daughter of Athena for a best friend.”

“How do I not know this?” Zeus grumbled. “No one told me about this building.”

“This has been up for over a decade.” Allison said “I met John, he’s very nice. The blessing has been here since Luke died. Besides, would you agree with having high school kids living alone in a large apartment building? As a parent and as a god? Would you have allowed it?”

“We would have thought about it.”

“After how many years?” Allison countered. “This has been the time before I was born, when Annabeth was still with her father, when Thalia was still on the run. You have to admit that time, you barely acknowledged us demigods.”

“Yes, because we’re gods.” Zeus said standing full height; he was almost a full head taller than Allison. Who just looked at him with the same expression she had before. One without fear, or remorse of what she had said to him. “We are supposed to be respected. Children are meant to be seen not heard.”