Ch.13: Baby Brother

Three Weeks Later

"Daddy!" I was so happy I was crying and Magnolia went to Carter.

"Yeah?"

"Mamma cryin," she pointed to me. I had fallen to my knees crying.

"Um is everything okay cupcake?" I whispered into Magnolia's ear and told her what to say.

"I get a bwother or sister!!!" Magnolia started jumping up and down.

"Oh, that's awesome MG!"

Carter came down to my level on the ground. I hugged him tightly. "Thank you," I wiped tears off my cheek.

"You don't have to thank me," he said smiling a little.

"It's because of you isn't it?"

"It's because of both of us."

I smiled at him, "I love you and our family Carter."

"Me too."

Magnolia's third birthday is in a few days and I couldn't be more excited it's September 7 right now and her birthday September 11th. I have a mermaid theme party planned. It's just me Carter and the boys. Plus Carter invited his dad, claiming that 'he's changed.'

September 11th arrived way too fast. I'm getting really bad morning sickness, but I managed to set everything up. Carter came down the stairs right as I was about to fall asleep on the couch. "Hi," I said meekly.

"Hello."

"What are you doing?"

"Going to take a nap..."

"Can I join?" I asked innocently.

"Yep." He sat in the couch next to me.

"I'm only a month pregnant and I'm so worn out.

"Um, I warned you?"

"I know," I sighed and cuddled up to him. He put his arm loosely around me, and fell asleep. I was almost asleep, but heard Magnolia wake up from her nap. So I sighed and went to get her. "Hey MG, wanna wake up daddy?"

"YEAH!" We went downstairs, to the sleeping Carter. Suddenly I picked up Magnolia and she launched herself towards Carter.

I saw him sit up for a second looking genuinely scared for a second, since that one time when someone had been screaming to wake him up it had been Magnolia almost being kidnapped. I almost felt bad for waking him up. He ran his fingers through his hair and laid back down, awake now. "Mornin' sunshine." I smiled and sat next to him.

"Morning," he muttered sleepily.

I turned to Magnolia, "should we find your uncles and get the party started?"

"Yeah!"

I smirked at Carter, "how about Magnolia finds Jake, I'll find Noah, and daddy can find James?" Oh, was Jake going to be mad at me.

Jake walked in awkwardly holding Magnolia. He was glaring at me and Carter. The other boys walked in next after being pulled texted to come down by Carter. I saw Jake whisper to Magnolia. "Mama told me to find you," she said proudly.

"Little snitch," I mutter quietly. Carter just laughed a little to himself. James glare shifted to me, it was deadly. I smiled sweetly and tried to scoot closer to Carter but he pushed me away. "Hey!" Everyone crept a little closer to me. I was being ganged up on. As soon as they all got closer, I was suddenly lying on the couch with ten hands tickling me. "Stop!" I was laughing and screaming. I was kicking and flailing my arms. Carter wasn't any help, he just sat there and watched. "Callahan, a little help?" I asked in between gasps for air.