Ch.12: Singing in the Shower

I quickly got to work packing. Magnolia had more than me, my parents spoil her. Then when I finished packing I knew we could probably leave tonight or tomorrow morning. I was laying Magnolia down for bed when I heard Carter come in again. Magnolia was in our bed, because I packed her bed, I'll leave ours. Carter walked into the room and laid down on the bed. He was twisting the ring around his finger as he stared up at the ceiling tense as a board. Magnolia was on his right and I cuddled closer to MG and quickly fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning to Magnolia jumping on us. I grunted as her knees dug into my ribs, "really MG?" I heard Carter grunt hard when I joined her trying to wake him up. He looked mad at me and amused at Magnolia. He rolled over onto his stomach and closed his eyes again. I leaned over and whispered into MG's ear, "should mommy jump onto daddy?"

"Yeah! But you have to be nice after you jump on him." Her voice was so quiet I could barely hear her. I walked over and jumped right into Carter, I had to maintain 100lbs for the agency I was will so I knew I could hurt him of course. He grunted a little bit and his breath hitched for just a millisecond. He sat up and ran his fingers through his hair, giving up on sleeping. "We did it MG!" I reached for a high five and she gladly accepted. Carter looked a mix of annoyed and angry, I was in for it. Or at least I thought I was, until he stood up and walked past us to get in the shower. I walked in and brushed my teeth. "Where'd you go last night?"

From the shower he said, "Shopping. For drugs. That I then went on to sell. For over a million."

"Like you got over a million?" I choked thinking of that money.

"Yep." I coughed, then went out and got on a cute grey tank top that's sleeves and open down to my hips. With a cute lacy bra, and some dark wash jeans, with wedges. Carter walked out of the bathroom with black jeans on, a black t-shirt, his leather jacket, ring, and chain necklace. His hair was wet and curling. I smiled and walked over to him.

"Ready?" I hugged him and buried my head into his chests.

"Yep." I got Magnolia ready and we left. We picked everything and unpacked everything all in a day. I was pretty proud, but we did have the help of Carter, Jake, Noah, and James. So Magnolia and I sat on the porch and decided who had the biggest mussels. Carter was carrying a chair inside absentmindedly, the last piece of furniture.

"I think it's Uncle Noah," I think Carter stopped when she said that. She said it was too loud. He set the chair down. He started walking towards us and Magnolia smiled sweetly, she has daddy around her little finger. "Hi," she batted her little lashes at him.

"Hello," muttered Carter.

"What's up?" My attempt to act casual does fast.

"Nothing..... What's up with you."

"We awen't doing anything!" Magnolia blurred out and I looked over at my sweet girl. I smiled up at Carter.

"Yeah we aren't doing anything," I added.

"Well that's boring."

"So...why'd ya put the chair down on the sidewalk?"

"Because Noah said he wanted to get it." Noah was getting it at the moment.

"Oh...ok..." I sighed relief. "How're the boys?"

"They're good."

"Good, good. Hey I was thinking I want a new baby soon. I don't want Magnolia to be fifteen when the baby is four."

"Ok, I'll get right on that, at about eleven tonight." I glared and covered MG's ears.

"Carter!"

"Yes?"

"Not in front of pint size," though I smiled at what he said.

"She doesn't even know."

Carter was true to his word though. Carter doesn't lie. I woke up the next morning and showered forever, it felt like. Carter came in and threw cold water on me. "Hey! What was that for?"
"I've been waiting an hour for the shower!"

"You could've said something, I haven't even had coffee yet."

"I did say something, but you were singing." I felt my face flush.

"I don't sing," I lied through my teeth.

"That's bullshit, I don't imagine people singing in the shower," he said teasingly.

"You're probably just tired," I reached out and tried to grab a towel, but Carter stole it away. "Hey!"

"Not until you admit that you were singing in the shower."

"I don't sing, now give me my towel."

"Not until you admit it."

"Please," I begged. "If you won't give it to me I'll have to go out there, like this and hope none of your buddies are out there..." Carter knew I wouldn't do that, so he just smirked.

"Admit it and I'll give it to you."

"Never," I sat down on the shower floor. I heard Magnolia come in looking for me. "It's ok honey, daddy won't let mommy out of the shower."

"She's free to come out at any time but she shouldn't tell lies."

"Mamma doesn't tell lies," I could hear the confusion in her voice.

"She's saying that she doesn't sing in the shower."

"Yes you do mamma!!" Magnolia blurred out.

"No I don't," I looked at the smirking Carter. "Daddy won't give mommy a towel." I pointed out.

"Yes you do mommy! Why you lying?"

"Because momm....fine I sing give me the freaking towel Callahan!" I finally yelled. Carter gave me the towel and I quickly got out and changed into a pair of high waisted jeans, a tank Top, and necklace. When I was all ready for the day I got Magnolia ready, then we found Carter.

"Daddy!" Magnolia ran up to him and clutched his legs.

"Hi MG."

"Hi," she was looking up at him innocently. "I wanna go outside with Uncle Jake." Jake didn't like kids, but for some weird reason Magnolia loves him.

"Ok, go ahead." She ran over to Jake and clung to his leg. I laughed when he tried to shake her off.