Ch. 6: Introducing Magnolia

9 months later

"Aaaaahhh ridiculous kid get out here." I screamed as Carter started to freak out. He just looked terrified, and Carter rarely looked terrified. He was looking at the nurses for help. "Gonna help here Callahan?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"What do you want me to do?" His voice was panicky.

"Aaah I don't know but figure it out fast." I clinched my fists so hard my knuckles went white. He looked even more panicked. He grabbed my hand. Finally I heard that adorable cry and everything suddenly became worth it. They cleaned up my baby girl and handed her to me. "S-s-she's so beautiful," I cried. Carter was sitting next to me silently. It wasn't a bad silent, I could tell he was in love with the baby, but he just didn't know what to say. "What are we gonna name her?"

"I'm sure you have some ideas."

"I don't know I like Marigold, Magnolia, Rose, Genevieve..."

"I like Rose or Magnolia." I looked down at my precious baby girl she had my nose, but Carter's blue eyes, my blonde hair were in little tufts on her head. She had my Italian skin tone. She was a long baby. I had a feeling she was gonna be tall like her dad. She gripped my finger and I thought I might die of happiness.

"I like Magnolia for our Khaleesi."

"Ok, fine with me."

"Hi MG this is your mom, I promise to love you for my whole life. As long as I am breathing I will love you. I promise if anyone tries to hurt you they have another thing comin okay sweetheart." I saw all the nurses start turning their heads to look at Carter. They were expecting him to say something as nice as I just had to his daughter. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "Wanna hold your daughter?"

"I don't want to drop her...." All the nurses were laughing quietly at that statement. Carter's uncertainty was cracking them up and I had to admit, it was a little funny to see Carter unsure.

"Come here big bad Callahan." He rolled his eyes and walked over. I set Magnolia in his arms and made sure he was cradling her head and neck. Then said, "now you can walk around or sit or whatever." He quickly sat down, not trusting himself to walk around with her without dropping her. I chuckled to myself as I got out my phone and took a photo of the adorable sight.

Carter was carefully playing with the tufts of hair and I heard him quietly say to Magnolia, "You're gonna be gangsta someday Magnolia," which was a compliment coming from him.

"No she's not, I can tell you that right now."

"Yeah she will. There are two meaning of gangsta. One is to be a stupid thug that does drugs. As in me." I rolled my eyes, "The other means cool. And she's gonna be cool."

"Or she's going to be like her mom; strong willed, and socially awkward."

"It might be better if she's like you...."

"It might. I want for her to play games, talk, run, crush..."

"I don't want her to crush."

"You can't control that Carter." I smiled at his possessiveness.

"I don't like......girl problems." That had to make me laugh. He was funny without trying.

"That's why she has me sweetheart." I took Magnolia back from him and cradled her softly. I reached over and grabbed the outfit I picked out for her. I put her in a white little onesie, pink tutu about the size of her, light pink leg warmer, hold booties, and a pink and gold headband. "There princess," I whispered.

A.N. Big chapter coming up!!! Feel free to comment, hope you are enjoying the story!