Reality Bites: Chapter 13

SELENA’S POV

“Sel, it’s going to be okay,” Nick said as he held me close. Why was Nick here telling me that everything was going to be fine? I wanted Kevin here damn it! I pushed him away until there was a large gap between us.

“I’m not fine Nick,” I practically shouted. “Kevin is in love with Danielle.”

“So what?” Nick shot back. “You and I have both moved on. I’m over Nicole and you’re over Kevin.”

“I just ran off crying because I found out Kevin is dating another girl. I still care about Kevin just like you care about Nicole.”

“Nicole is like a sister to me. Nothing more.” I shook my head in exasperation. Why wasn’t this getting through his thick head? Nick moved closer until he had captured my hand in his. What was going on here? “My feelings for her aren’t the same as my feelings for you.” I studied Nick’s eyes as they darted crazily back and forth watching me. Nick had officially lost it.

“Stop it Nick,” I said trying to pull away from his grip. “This isn’t right, and you know it.”

“You had a crush on me before, right?”

“Sure, but—“ I got out before Nick cut me off by smashing his lips against mine. I was caught off guard by his aggressive kiss. He held my head in his hands as he continued to kiss me. It felt odd to have Nick finally kissing me. A few months ago this was all I dreamt of, but now I could only compare it to Kevin’s kiss. My consciousness finally came back to me and I pushed Nick hard shoving him halfway across the room.  “What the hell, Nick?”

“Well that felt odd didn’t it?” Nick asked shocked himself.

“What were you thinking?” I asked him.

“I thought that maybe you still loved me,” Nick said panting heavily.

“I don’t love you! I love Kevin!” I slapped a hand over my mouth. Holy crap. Did I just say that out loud? “I love Kevin,” I said again in amazement. “I love Kevin.”

“Yeah, I get it,” Nick said. “You love Kevin. Nicole is with Joe. And I have no one.”

“Nick, I just had an emotional bombshell over here. Shut up!” I snapped.

“Well, I guess that confirms you’re over me,” Nick said. He reached over and gently hugged me. “I’m glad someone got something happy out of this. Sorry for kissing you like that.”

“Don’t be,” I said with a wide grin. “That was the best kiss of my life.” It had taken that kiss to make me finally realize that I didn’t like Nick anymore. I was in love with Kevin. It has always been Kevin. Somehow over the course of time I had fallen in love with Kevin. My feelings for Nick could never be as strong as my feelings for Kevin. Now I just had to find him and tell him.

“Kiss?” a familiar male voice asked. “You two kissed?” I looked up in shock to see Kevin standing in the room. It was as if my thoughts had forced him to materialize. When had he come in?

“Kevin, wait,” I said reaching out an arm. “You don’t understand.”

“Yeah,” Nick said. “She kissed me, but she’s in love with you.” Kevin stormed off. I had to go after him and explain.

“Nick, you’ll pay for that later,” I shouted as I ran out of the room after Kevin. It seemed I was always chasing after the guy of my dreams.

[AN: Nick is a little confused. Run Selena, RUN! I crack myself up!]